want the password saved in the macOS Keychain. Unfortunately it seems I
neglected to do this one time and so now it has been stored in the Keychain.

I would like to remove it from the Keychain but it seems I can't find the
gpg key listed in the macOS Keychain application and so I'm not sure how to
remove it so that pinentry will again start asking me for the password for
that particular gpg key.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: macOS pinentry remove saved password [ In reply to ]
Hi,

The key is listed in the login keychain.  It uses the name and one of the associated numbers - It is the fifth element in —with-key-data but I don’t recognize it.

This default for pin entry is … frustrating.

Regards,

bex

Re: macOS pinentry remove saved password [ In reply to ]
Ah, ok cool think I found it.

Thanks bex.

It would be great if users could configure the default as it feels
dangerous to default to saving the passphrase.

Re: macOS pinentry remove saved password [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Am Di den 16. M?r 2021 um 17:19 schrieb Mark McDonnell via Gnupg-users:
> It would be great if users could configure the default as it feels
> dangerous to default to saving the passphrase.

I believe, it is the "no-allow-external-cache" option.

I had the same on linux with the shity gnome PW manager. It might be the
same option on mac.

Regards
Klaus
--
Klaus Ethgen http://www.ethgen.ch/
pub 4096R/4E20AF1C 2011-05-16 Klaus Ethgen <Klaus@Ethgen.ch>
Re: macOS pinentry remove saved password [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 20:34, Klaus Ethgen said:

> I believe, it is the "no-allow-external-cache" option.

Right, but I am not sure about the macOS pinentry; in particular if it
is closely based on the standard pinentry code base or does its own
thing. Any pointer to that pinentry?

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

Re: macOS pinentry remove saved password [ In reply to ]
Am 16.03.2021 um 17:19 schrieb Mark McDonnell via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users@gnupg.org>:

> It would be great if users could configure the default as it feels dangerous to default to saving the passphrase.

That is possible by running the following command:

defaults write org.gpgtools.common UseKeychain -bool NO

To remove any saved passwords from macOS Keychain, search
for GnuPG to find them.

The folks of homebrew are using our version of pinentry which is
based off the standard pinentry, but adds the possibility to store passphrases
for GnuPG keys in macOS Keychain. For our version of GnuPG it should default
to on, but we also provide a macOS preference pane to change the default.
As such a preference pane is not available for homebrew users, we have
brought this issue up with them but they have not reacted.

Best,

Lukas
GPGTools