14 of 20 tests failed when doing "make check" for gnupg 2.2.27. What
should I do?

thanks!

Re: make check failed tests [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 20, 2021, mettodo via Gnupg-users wrote:

> 14 of 20 tests failed when doing "make check" for gnupg 2.2.27. What
> should I do?

Most certainly you should not tell anyone which OS or compiler
or options you used.
Neither should you include the actual test failures.

Re: make check failed tests [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 6:11 PM <ca+gnupg-users@esmtp.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2021, mettodo via Gnupg-users wrote:
>
> > 14 of 20 tests failed when doing "make check" for gnupg 2.2.27. What
> > should I do?
>
> Most certainly you should not tell anyone which OS or compiler
> or options you used.
> Neither should you include the actual test failures.

:-D :-D :-D ...

Regards
Stefan

Re: make check failed tests [ In reply to ]
Am Mittwoch 20 Januar 2021 09:41:10 schrieb mettodo via Gnupg-users:
> 14 of 20 tests failed when doing "make check" for gnupg 2.2.27. What
> should I do?

Please give more details, like used system, compiler and
what checks failed and how. If it is getting very technical,
the gnupg-devel list would be another place to report.

Thanks,
Bernhard

--
www.intevation.de/~bernhard ? +49 541 33 508 3-3
Intevation GmbH, Osnabr?ck, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabr?ck, HRB 18998
Re: make check failed tests [ In reply to ]
Hi Bernhard,

I do not exactly know what you ask for, let me know if this is not enough:

- Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

- gcc version 7.5.0

- Attached text with failed checks

Thanks!

Re: make check failed tests [ In reply to ]
Hi Mettodo,

Am Freitag 22 Januar 2021 07:02:34 schrieb mettodo:
> I do not exactly know what you ask for, let me know if this is not enough:
> - Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
> - gcc version 7.5.0
> - Attached text with failed checks

yes, this is a good start to get, so others are able to give you more
suggestions.

As far as I can see, it is all the same error:
symbol gpgrt_getcwd version GPG_ERROR_1.0 not defined in file
libgpg-error.so.0 with link time reference

Looks like you may need a newer version of libgpg-error (as far as I can see
gpgrt_getcwd was introduced with 1.27 of libgpg-error).
Did you build libgpg-error yourself? If so, what version?

The "configure" script should have complained, was it saying okay?

Best Regards,
Bernhard

Re: make check failed tests [ In reply to ]
Hi Bernhard,

I thought I had installed libgpg-error-1.41 properly. I just tried to
install it again and after "make install" I got the messages on the
attached text .

From what I understand I didn´t get any problem with GnuPG "configure",
you can check the attached text.

Thanks!

Unai

Re: make check failed tests [ In reply to ]
Hi Mettodo,

Am Freitag 22 Januar 2021 16:26:24 schrieb mettodo via Gnupg-users:
> I thought I had installed libgpg-error-1.41 properly. I just tried to
> install it again and after "make install" I got the messages on the
> attached text .

(looks like you've tried to reinstall it again, but without the necessary
rights to be able to overwrite the previous version)

> From what I understand I didn´t get any problem with GnuPG "configure",
> you can check the attached text.

I'm at a loss here, too.
Maybe the tests somehow get a different library?
Does an
ldd ./t-stringhelp
(in the right directory)
give you any ideas about which libgpg-error library it takes?

Best Regards,
Bernhard

Re: make check failed tests [ In reply to ]
On 2021-01-22 at 17:59 +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > From what I understand I didn?t get any problem with GnuPG
> > "configure",
> > you can check the attached text.
>
> I'm at a loss here, too.
> Maybe the tests somehow get a different library?
> Does an
> ldd ./t-stringhelp
> (in the right directory)
> give you any ideas about which libgpg-error library it takes?
>
> Best Regards,
> Bernhard

It is probably picking the system library, not the manually installed
libgpg-error (I assume a new one was installed as well?)

Try running
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$MYPREFIX/lib make check

where $MYPREFIX is the value of --prefix that you passed to ./configure
or /usr/local (the default) if not provided i.e.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib make check

Regards

?ngel