contribution of your own? It's a great way to tell the crew thank-you
for all the work they do.

Thanks, all the GnuPG contributors. I really appreciate it!
Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
On 1/17/21 10:35 PM, Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-users wrote:
> ... And if you missed out, why not consider making a recurring
> monthly contribution of your own?

The text on the donation page could be tweaked to include the business
address. That would save a few steps because the web form for Single
Euro Payments Area credit transfers [1] ought to have the address [2]
as the address is required when making payments to other countries
within the Union.

[1] https://www.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/procdonate.cgi

[2] https://g10code.com/contact.html

Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 14:16, Lars Noodén said:

> Euro Payments Area credit transfers [1] ought to have the address [2]
> as the address is required when making payments to other countries
> within the Union.

The idea of SEPA is that the account number is sufficient; even the BIC
is not anymore needed nor are banks required to check name or any other
data. Are you living the the SEPArea?

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
On 1/18/21 3:46 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 14:16, Lars Noodén said:
>
>> Euro Payments Area credit transfers [1] ought to have the address [2]
>> as the address is required when making payments to other countries
>> within the Union.
>
> The idea of SEPA is that the account number is sufficient; even the BIC
> is not anymore needed nor are banks required to check name or any other
> data. Are you living the the SEPArea?

Yes, but that did not stop the bank's payment web interface from
requiring the name and address for payments to other countries. For
that matter, their "new" web interface takes over 10 seconds for any
given page to load due to dependencies, but that is a different topic
for elsewhere.

Anyway, thanks for GNUpg.

/Lars

Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:29, Lars Noodén said:

> Yes, but that did not stop the bank's payment web interface from
> requiring the name and address for payments to other countries. For

Okay, I added our address to the SEPA page.

Thanks.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 9:59 PM Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-users
<gnupg-users@gnupg.org> wrote:

> A little more than a month ago I said I'd match all donations made to
> GnuPG from December 10 to January 6. I'm happy to report y'all made me
> contribute 370 Euros, or about $450 USD. The money has been paid and
> is sitting in GnuPG's account.
>
> I hope this encouraged some of y'all to donate to GnuPG this year. And
> if you missed out, why not consider making a recurring monthly
> contribution of your own? It's a great way to tell the crew thank-you
> for all the work they do.
>
> Thanks, all the GnuPG contributors. I really appreciate it!

*Appologies* Robert for highjacking your thread!!!

But I would like to spread the word! I also donated already.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/assangeappeal/

Regards
Stefan

Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
> On 21 Jan 2021, at 20:27, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users@gnupg.org> wrote:
>
> *Appologies* Robert for highjacking your thread!!!

Can we please try to keep on topic.

Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 11:00 PM Andrew Gallagher via Gnupg-users
<gnupg-users@gnupg.org> wrote:

> > On 21 Jan 2021, at 20:27, Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users@gnupg.org> wrote:
> >
> > *Appologies* Robert for highjacking your thread!!!
>
> Can we please try to keep on topic.

Sure!

Regards
Stefan

Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
> *Appologies* Robert for highjacking your thread!!!

I have never understood why people apologize for doing something they
know is wrong, and then do it anyway. You could see that starting a new
thread was appropriate; you know that starting a new thread is easy; you
apologized for your inappropriate behavior; and then behaved
inappropriately. Your apology is not accepted, as it is clearly insincere.

Further, in just the last month and change on this list you've hyped
Bitcoin scams, poorly-designed password managers, sown wild confusion
about TLS and WKD, and now you're trying to raise funds for politically
controversial figures unrelated to GnuPG's mission.

I cannot be the only one here who has noticed your track record. I urge
you to think long and hard about it, and to turn yourself around.
Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 3:20 AM Robert J. Hansen <rjh@sixdemonbag.org> wrote:

> > *Appologies* Robert for highjacking your thread!!!
>
> I have never understood why people apologize for doing something they
> know is wrong, and then do it anyway. You could see that starting a new
> thread was appropriate; you know that starting a new thread is easy; you
> apologized for your inappropriate behavior; and then behaved
> inappropriately. Your apology is not accepted, as it is clearly insincere.

Perfectly fine, that you don't accept my appology, which were honest of course.
And you can be rest assured that you and Andrew had then complained also
if I had done so.

> Further, in just the last month and change on this list you've hyped
> Bitcoin scams, poorly-designed password managers, sown wild confusion
> about TLS and WKD, and now you're trying to raise funds for politically
> controversial figures unrelated to GnuPG's mission.

I really like how you try to paint a picture of me. But everybody knows
what kind of character you are.

> I cannot be the only one here who has noticed your track record. I urge
> you to think long and hard about it, and to turn yourself around.

I can only think of what kind of gentleman you are.

Try harder next time!

Best regards
Stefan

Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
Hi Robert,

you are not alone.

On 22/01/2021 03.20, Robert J. Hansen via Gnupg-users wrote:
> I have never understood why people apologize for doing something they
> know is wrong, and then do it anyway.  You could see that starting a new
> thread was appropriate; you know that starting a new thread is easy; you
> apologized for your inappropriate behavior; and then behaved
> inappropriately.  Your apology is not accepted, as it is clearly insincere.

Well said. I didn't want to make even more noise about this, but that's
just what I was thinking.

Kind regards
André

--
Greetings...
From: André Colomb <andre@colomb.de>

Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 05:26, Stefan Claas said:

> I really like how you try to paint a picture of me. But everybody knows
> what kind of character you are.

Stefan: Stop such personal insults. I am pretty sure that there are
quite some folks here who would like to get personal too but don't do
this because this is here is a civilized discussion medium.

In 23 years of this list we had not more than a handful of abusive users
on this list. You are on the best way to be one on of those few for
whom I had to flip the moderate flag.

Messages to this list consists of public information and what you are
doing is to attack the repudiation of this list. Stop this!

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

p.s.
Political messages not direcly related to GnuPG are off-topic and belong
into the sig-line.

--
* Free Assange and protect free journalism!
* Germany: Sign the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons!
Re: Fundraising [ In reply to ]
On 2021-01-22 11:23, Werner Koch via Gnupg-users wrote:

> You are on the best way to be one on of those few for
> whom I had to flip the moderate flag.

God sees everything, so to speak, dear Werner!

Best regards
Stefan

#deplatforming does not work in a free world!