gpg: conflicting commands

Why is there a conflict? I do not want to produce an attached signature.

Ayoub
Re: Why is there a conflict? [ In reply to ]
Just get rid of -s

On Jan 16, 2021 12:35, Ayoub Misherghi via Gnupg-users <gnupg-users@gnupg.org> wrote:

The intention is to sign and encrypt "data.file" producing a detached signature file.

a@b:c$ gpg -s -e -b -r Mike data.file

Re: Why is there a conflict? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:34 AM Ayoub Misherghi via Gnupg-users
<gnupg-users@gnupg.org> wrote:

> The intention is to sign and encrypt "data.file" producing a detached signature file.
>

> a@b:c$ gpg -s -e -b -r Mike data.file
>
> gpg: conflicting commands
>

> Why is there a conflict? I do not want to produce an attached signature.

You use -s and -b, try 'gpg -a -b -e file'

Regards
Stefan

Re: Why is there a conflict? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:57 AM Stefan Claas
<spam.trap.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:34 AM Ayoub Misherghi via Gnupg-users
> <gnupg-users@gnupg.org> wrote:
> >

> > The intention is to sign and encrypt "data.file" producing a detached signature file.
> >

> > a@b:c$ gpg -s -e -b -r Mike data.file
> >
> > gpg: conflicting commands
> >

> > Why is there a conflict? I do not want to produce an attached signature.
>
> You use -s and -b, try 'gpg -a -b -e file'

You can shorten this like: 'gpg -aber Mike data.file' (cool German
word 'aber' :-)

Regards
Stefan

Re: Why is there a conflict? [ In reply to ]
The intention is to sign and encrypt "data.file" producing a detached signature file. a@b:c$ gpg -s -e -b -r Mike data.file gpg: conflicting commands Why is there a conflict? I do not want to produce an attached signature.
You use -s and -b, try 'gpg -a -b -e file'
You can shorten this like: 'gpg -aber Mike data.file' (cool German word 'aber' :-) Regards Stefan
gpg -aber data.file

produced "data.file.asc" and no "data.file.sig"

Danke,

Ayoub
Re: Why is there a conflict? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 12:10 AM Ayoub Misherghi <ayoubhm@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/16/2021 3:18 AM, Stefan Claas wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:57 AM Stefan Claas
> <spam.trap.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:34 AM Ayoub Misherghi via Gnupg-users
> <gnupg-users@gnupg.org> wrote:
>
> The intention is to sign and encrypt "data.file" producing a detached signature file.
>

> a@b:c$ gpg -s -e -b -r Mike data.file
>
> gpg: conflicting commands
>

> Why is there a conflict? I do not want to produce an attached signature.
>
> You use -s and -b, try 'gpg -a -b -e file'
>
> You can shorten this like: 'gpg -aber Mike data.file' (cool German
> word 'aber' :-)
>
> Regards
> Stefan
>
> gpg -aber data.file
>
> produced "data.file.asc" and no "data.file.sig"
>

> Danke,

Gern geschehen (you're welcome)!

Try to omit the 'a' and see if you then get the .sig file.
(I am a bit out of the loop regarding gpg)

Regards
Stefan

Re: Why is there a conflict? [ In reply to ]
"a@b:c$ gpg -e -b -r Mike data.file" produces the encrypted file
data.file.sig with the detached signature of data.file
I don't think there's a oneliner for what you're trying to achieve

gpg -er Mike data.file
gpg -b data.file.gpg

17.01.2021 00:56, Ayoub Misherghi via Gnupg-users ?????: