Reiner SCT cyberJack secoder 2
v2.2.0
USB: 0c4b:0400

Regards,

Daniel

--
Debian Developer
https://danielpocock.com

Re: Reiner-SCT CyberJack secoder 2 (v2.2.0 USB 0c4b:0400) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:55 AM Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:

> I was going through some old hardware and came across this device
>
> Is it useful with gnupg or any other free software?
>
> Can anybody provide any links about how to use it with free software?
> Or is it better to just throw it away/recycle it and use something newer?
>
> Reiner SCT cyberJack secoder 2
> v2.2.0
> USB: 0c4b:0400

If you have the drivers for your OS and can then run on it AusweisApp2 or
the OpenSource app, which name I forgot, then you could use your nPA
and let your public key(s) certify, for free, with Governikus, which gives
you then a sig3.

The Governikus CA is run on behalf of BSI IIRC.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Reiner-SCT CyberJack secoder 2 (v2.2.0 USB 0c4b:0400) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 09:36, Daniel Pocock said:

> Reiner SCT cyberJack secoder 2

Recycle the hardware for other purposes - it is too hard to make this
crap work. Reiner is notorious for not releasing specs and basing their
stuff on proprietary extensions. Think Nvidea for card readers.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

Re: Reiner-SCT CyberJack secoder 2 (v2.2.0 USB 0c4b:0400) [ In reply to ]
Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> writes:
> Reiner SCT cyberJack secoder 2
> v2.2.0
> USB: 0c4b:0400

It's good to check the list of CCID readers by libccid:

https://salsa.debian.org/rousseau/CCID/-/tree/master/readers

Since I cannot find the device in this list, I'm afraid it would not
work well.

For some testing (try and error), you can use pyscard:

https://pyscard.sourceforge.io/

Unfortunately, IMHO, smartcard access is not designed well to allow us
using (proprietary or undocumented) card reader easily.

I'd recommend to find a CCID card reader with TPDU exchange support
(lower level direct control of smartcard).