2.2.26 in the normal raspberry pi OS and also is not a problem in Ubuntu
20.04 on my regular AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT desktop. I have been afraid to
test it on my laptop running Ubuntu 20.10 for fear of ruining the
current version 2.2.25 which runs fine (that's why I always test on RPi
first). I suspect (from googling similar errors) a problem with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but have not found a solution. Anybody else out there
try this and find a solution?

Happy Hollidays, Murphy
error msg from gpg 2.2.26 on Ubuntu 20.10 for raspberry pi [ In reply to ]
Hello again gnupg users - I found a solution to the problem. It is
actually an old problem that cropped up for me on 32 bit machines that I
didn't expect on the 64 bit Ubuntu 20.10 on the Raspberry pi.

$ sudo nano /etc/ld.so.conf

type in as the first line:

include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf

save and then:

$ sudo ldconfig

And now gpg --version recognizes and runs GnuPG 2.2.26 without error
msgs.  I hope this is of some use to other RPi Ubuntu users out there
who like to use the newest version of GnuPG.

Cheers - Sandy (Murphy)