I'm using this on Windows 2016. I'm not sure what I'm missing...any ideas?

Shelley Ford

unauthorized and may be illegal.
Re: How Do I Overwrite Files in GnuPG? [ In reply to ]
> On 22 Dec 2020, at 16:49, Shelley Ford <Shelley.Ford@celero.ca> wrote:
>
> gpg: Note: '--yes' is not considered an option
>
> gpg: Note: '--batch' is not considered an option
>
> What I'm using:
>
> gpg --output e:\temp\test.txt.pgp --encrypt --recipient recipient@org e:\temp\test.txt --batch --yes
>
> I'm using this on Windows 2016. I'm not sure what I'm missing...any ideas?

This is one of gpg’s little UI idiosyncrasies. '—batch', '—yes' etc. must come before actions such as '—encrypt' on the command line.

Re: How Do I Overwrite Files in GnuPG? [ In reply to ]
> This is one of gpg’s little UI idiosyncrasies. '—batch', '—yes'
> etc. must come before actions such as '—encrypt' on the command line.

That is actually classic Unix behaviour (in contrast to GNU's way of
processing options): First the options and then the arguments.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

RE: How Do I Overwrite Files in GnuPG? [ In reply to ]
Thanks so much! That worked!

Shelley Ford