Mailing List Archive

Five volunteers needed (EU only please)

Hi all,

while I did some JAB-Code experiments with MMS, to send GnuPG messages with a dumb
phone, I came up now with a new idea. :-)

For that I need five people who are willing to share with me their postal address.
You can send me your address GnuPG encrypted. I will not store your address on my
computer and will delete your email, once I received it.

My new idea is to send encrypted postcards or letters, with an NFC tag attached,
containing a GnuPG clearsigned test message. I like to see if the postcards will
arrive in proper condition, so that the NFC tags are still readable.

What you will get from me:

A postcard with Berlin photos on, an address sticker from me, containing the MacPGP
2.6.2 icon with the little secret agent and a valid international postal stamp with
a photo from me on. If you are a stamp/postcard collector, you will agree that this
is IMHO a collectors item. :-)

Why I came up with this idea? Well I thought of a way to send private content digitally,
without Internet usage, so that 3rd parties outside the EU have it difficult to intercept
such messages, in order to protect EU businesses and to show the young generation that
local postal services should be supported, in favor of a globally surveilled Internet.

A standard NFC tag can't store that much data, but there are different types available
and one can use also modern encryption software which gives you more encrypted payload.

Once I received your address (first come first serve) I will prepare the postcards
(hopefully tomorrow) and send them to you. It would be nice if participants would share
their experience, so that other GnuPG users could learn from it.

Please note, NFC tags can be used multiple times, so that for example Alice and Bob use
only on NFC tag with their letters, they exchange and those NFC tags can also be destroyed
with special* hardware devices or bought in a form that they get destroyed if someone tries
to take them off, from the carrier medium.

*https://nfckill.com/

The consumer hardware device I purchased:

https://www.nfc-tag-shop.de/en/nfc-hardware/147/acr1252u-nfc-forum-certified-reader/writer

Software one can use on their Desktop:

https://www.wakdev.com/en/apps/nfc-tools-pc-mac.html

and for people, living in Germany, regarding postal stamps with photos:

<https://shop.deutschepost.de/individuell?s_kwcid=AL!11701!3!434303734945!b!!g!!www%20deutsche%20post%20de%20individuell>

Regards
Stefan

NaClbox: cc5c5f846c661343745772156a7751a5eb34d3e83d84b7d6884e507e105fd675
The computer helps us to solve problems, we did not have without him.
Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 05:37:57PM +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:

> Why I came up with this idea? Well I thought of a way to send private content digitally,
> without Internet usage, so that 3rd parties outside the EU have it difficult to intercept
> such messages, in order to protect EU businesses and to show the young generation that
> local postal services should be supported, in favor of a globally surveilled Internet.

Wouldn't using NFC chips be counter to this goal? It's extremely easy to
identify the presence of NFC chips, such that an agency could easily
scan entire bags of mail to identify if there are any present.

As an aside, this reminded me of the "nonce encryption using two HOTP"
devices scheme that I thought up a while back:
https://paranoidbeavers.ca/spy-stuff.html

(the title wrongly calls it "forward secrecy," so just ignore that bit)

-K

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 05:37:57PM +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:
> >
> > Why I came up with this idea? Well I thought of a way to send private content digitally,
> > without Internet usage, so that 3rd parties outside the EU have it difficult to intercept
> > such messages, in order to protect EU businesses and to show the young generation that
> > local postal services should be supported, in favor of a globally surveilled Internet.
>
> Wouldn't using NFC chips be counter to this goal? It's extremely easy to
> identify the presence of NFC chips, such that an agency could easily
> scan entire bags of mail to identify if there are any present.

Yes, it is possible. However we have in Germany for example additional postal
services (PIN AG) one could use locally and I doubt (while I do not know)
that TLAs or LEAs currently require them to collect such data.

In case of letter usage, their are also RFID protection covers available,
so I would guess that these do not show that a letter contains an NFC
tag.

https://www.getdigital.eu/RFID-Protection-Cover.html

I also assume that for example local postal services, regardless where
they are located have no deal yet with international TLAs, LEAs to hand
over this date.

Last but not least, they could also been used as dead drops, locally.

> As an aside, this reminded me of the "nonce encryption using two HOTP"
> devices scheme that I thought up a while back:
> https://paranoidbeavers.ca/spy-stuff.html
>
> (the title wrongly calls it "forward secrecy," so just ignore that bit)
>
> -K

Cool, thanks for the info! :-)

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
On 10/5/2020 6:17 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 05:37:57PM +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:
>>>
>>> Why I came up with this idea? Well I thought of a way to send private content digitally,
>>> without Internet usage, so that 3rd parties outside the EU have it difficult to intercept
>>> such messages, in order to protect EU businesses and to show the young generation that
>>> local postal services should be supported, in favor of a globally surveilled Internet.
>>
>> Wouldn't using NFC chips be counter to this goal? It's extremely easy to
>> identify the presence of NFC chips, such that an agency could easily
>> scan entire bags of mail to identify if there are any present.
>
> Yes, it is possible. However we have in Germany for example additional postal
> services (PIN AG) one could use locally and I doubt (while I do not know)
> that TLAs or LEAs currently require them to collect such data.

You can't assume that this is also the case for other countries if you
are looking for EU contributers.

I must also say that I don't understand how this is related to this list.

--
John Doe

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
john doe wrote:

> On 10/5/2020 6:17 PM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:

> >> Wouldn't using NFC chips be counter to this goal? It's extremely easy to
> >> identify the presence of NFC chips, such that an agency could easily
> >> scan entire bags of mail to identify if there are any present.
> >
> > Yes, it is possible. However we have in Germany for example additional postal
> > services (PIN AG) one could use locally and I doubt (while I do not know)
> > that TLAs or LEAs currently require them to collect such data.
> >

> You can't assume that this is also the case for other countries if you
> are looking for EU contributers.

I guess we need to figure it out, so that future generations can learn
from our experiences.

> I must also say that I don't understand how this is related to this list.

Well, this is debatable, but at least it shows GnuPG users, which rely on
IMHO outdated Internet PGP tutorials that there are other forms of GnuPG
communications available, besides classical email usage and it strengthens
the usage of GnuPG, compared to those smartphone crypto Messengers, or S/MIME
email usage etc.

People using GnuPG should appreciated these tips, even if they don't use them.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas wrote:

> Once I received your address (first come first serve) I will prepare the postcards
> (hopefully tomorrow) and send them to you. It would be nice if participants would share
> their experience, so that other GnuPG users could learn from it.

Ok. closed. Thanks to all participants, I will reply here once I have been at the post office.
(Hopefully tomorrow!)

Best regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas wrote:

> Stefan Claas wrote:
>
> > Once I received your address (first come first serve) I will prepare the postcards
> > (hopefully tomorrow) and send them to you. It would be nice if participants would share
> > their experience, so that other GnuPG users could learn from it.
>
> Ok. closed. Thanks to all participants, I will reply here once I have been at the post office.
> (Hopefully tomorrow!)

Okay. Postcards to all participants were thrown in the mailbox at the post office.
Now lets see when they all arrive and if all works as expected. I have also checked
twice, with the Desktop NFC Software, that all tags work after putting them on the
postcards.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 05:37:57PM +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:

>My new idea is to send encrypted postcards or letters, with an NFC tag attached,
>containing a GnuPG clearsigned test message. I like to see if the postcards will
>arrive in proper condition, so that the NFC tags are still readable.

Looks like an over-engineered idea to me: why use NFC tags when simple QR
codes printed on paper would be sufficient? And probably less prone to
detection or damage, I expect.

--jc

--
I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
-- Douglas Adams

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Juergen Christoffel wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 05:37:57PM +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:
> >
> >My new idea is to send encrypted postcards or letters, with an NFC tag attached,
> >containing a GnuPG clearsigned test message. I like to see if the postcards will
> >arrive in proper condition, so that the NFC tags are still readable.
>
> Looks like an over-engineered idea to me: why use NFC tags when simple QR
> codes printed on paper would be sufficient? And probably less prone to
> detection or damage, I expect.

Good question. QR codes needs for example a printer and stickers too, if
not printed directly on postcards. My new Epson printer, for example, does
not support feeding of postcards or other thick materials, only standard
paper and photo paper.

Maybe we should ask ourselves why NFC tags were invented if QR-code would
be sufficient.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas wrote:

> Juergen Christoffel wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 05:37:57PM +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > >
> > >My new idea is to send encrypted postcards or letters, with an NFC tag attached,
> > >containing a GnuPG clearsigned test message. I like to see if the postcards will
> > >arrive in proper condition, so that the NFC tags are still readable.
> >
> > Looks like an over-engineered idea to me: why use NFC tags when simple QR
> > codes printed on paper would be sufficient? And probably less prone to
> > detection or damage, I expect.
>
> Good question. QR codes needs for example a printer and stickers too, if
> not printed directly on postcards. My new Epson printer, for example, does
> not support feeding of postcards or other thick materials, only standard
> paper and photo paper.

P.S. and NFC tags can be written multiple times to and not like QR-codes only
written one time per sticker, so probably more useful for Alice's and Bob's
letter exchanges, when using only one tag. And if one likes they can be also
password protected, prior accessing the (encrypted) content.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 04:49:15PM +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:

>Good question. QR codes needs for example a printer and stickers too, if
>not printed directly on postcards. My new Epson printer, for example, does
>not support feeding of postcards or other thick materials, only standard
>paper and photo paper.

We are moving a bit far away from GnuPG issues, but ... ;-)

a) you'll neither need stickers nor postcards, just a standard sheet of
plain paper.

b) you can generate QR codes without using a smartphone (e.g. qrencode
on Linux systems) but easly on smartphones without NFC hardware too.

>maybe we should ask ourselves why NFC tags were invented if QR-code would
>be sufficient.

c) NFC capable smartphones still are less common than smartphones with
cameras to scan QR codes, so if you want to expand the set of possible
recipients and senders, you should think about the least common denominator
instead.

d) NFC tags have their uses, but weren't invented to replace or augment QR
codes. And besides being cheaper to produce, QR codes are much more
resilient.

Finally: using password protected NFC tags to carry encrypted content seems
a bit of overkill or over engineering too. But one could read a tag without
opening the letter that would be used to ship it, which obviously would be
a bit harder with QR codes ...

--jc

P.S. Last but not least, we could send QR codes via email! ;-0

--
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down
the highway. -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Juergen Christoffel wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 04:49:15PM +0200, Stefan Claas wrote:
> >
> >Good question. QR codes needs for example a printer and stickers too, if
> >not printed directly on postcards. My new Epson printer, for example, does
> >not support feeding of postcards or other thick materials, only standard
> >paper and photo paper.
>
> We are moving a bit far away from GnuPG issues, but ... ;-)
>
> a) you'll neither need stickers nor postcards, just a standard sheet of
> plain paper.

I like to promote the postcards option because the postage is cheaper than
letters if not done regularly.

> b) you can generate QR codes without using a smartphone (e.g. qrencode
> on Linux systems) but easly on smartphones without NFC hardware too.

Yes, but like I said, can be written to only once.

> >maybe we should ask ourselves why NFC tags were invented if QR-code would
> >be sufficient.
>
> c) NFC capable smartphones still are less common than smartphones with
> cameras to scan QR codes, so if you want to expand the set of possible
> recipients and senders, you should think about the least common denominator
> instead.

I think if people have the funds to buy a more or less expensive smartphone
they can probably invest in an additional consumer grade reader/writer (for
offline usage) too.

> P.S. Last but not least, we could send QR codes via email! ;-0

Which my idea avoids, i.e. using super ?ber mega cool local postal services,
to support our *hard working* local postmen, instead of globally supporting
people with root privileges etc! :-D

Remember even Russian authorities, according to reports from 2013, are using
German typewriters now, which means, at least to me, that the smart Russians
are using their postal service too, or couriers, instead of email. ;-)

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Perhaps just use QR codes?  Easily scanned and imported by a digital
device.  Message size is limited, but probably enough.  If not, you can
maybe use multiple QR codes.  This reply, encrypted to you, is contained
in the linked QR below:

https://imgur.com/a/JoPjgGH

On 10/5/20 10:37 AM, Stefan Claas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> while I did some JAB-Code experiments with MMS, to send GnuPG messages with a dumb
> phone, I came up now with a new idea. :-)
>
> For that I need five people who are willing to share with me their postal address.
> You can send me your address GnuPG encrypted. I will not store your address on my
> computer and will delete your email, once I received it.
>
> My new idea is to send encrypted postcards or letters, with an NFC tag attached,
> containing a GnuPG clearsigned test message. I like to see if the postcards will
> arrive in proper condition, so that the NFC tags are still readable.
>
> What you will get from me:
>
> A postcard with Berlin photos on, an address sticker from me, containing the MacPGP
> 2.6.2 icon with the little secret agent and a valid international postal stamp with
> a photo from me on. If you are a stamp/postcard collector, you will agree that this
> is IMHO a collectors item. :-)
>
> Why I came up with this idea? Well I thought of a way to send private content digitally,
> without Internet usage, so that 3rd parties outside the EU have it difficult to intercept
> such messages, in order to protect EU businesses and to show the young generation that
> local postal services should be supported, in favor of a globally surveilled Internet.
>
> A standard NFC tag can't store that much data, but there are different types available
> and one can use also modern encryption software which gives you more encrypted payload.
>
> Once I received your address (first come first serve) I will prepare the postcards
> (hopefully tomorrow) and send them to you. It would be nice if participants would share
> their experience, so that other GnuPG users could learn from it.
>
> Please note, NFC tags can be used multiple times, so that for example Alice and Bob use
> only on NFC tag with their letters, they exchange and those NFC tags can also be destroyed
> with special* hardware devices or bought in a form that they get destroyed if someone tries
> to take them off, from the carrier medium.
>
> *https://nfckill.com/
>
> The consumer hardware device I purchased:
>
> https://www.nfc-tag-shop.de/en/nfc-hardware/147/acr1252u-nfc-forum-certified-reader/writer
>
> Software one can use on their Desktop:
>
> https://www.wakdev.com/en/apps/nfc-tools-pc-mac.html
>
> and for people, living in Germany, regarding postal stamps with photos:
>
> <https://shop.deutschepost.de/individuell?s_kwcid=AL!11701!3!434303734945!b!!g!!www%20deutsche%20post%20de%20individuell>
>
> Regards
> Stefan
>
> NaClbox: cc5c5f846c661343745772156a7751a5eb34d3e83d84b7d6884e507e105fd675
> The computer helps us to solve problems, we did not have without him.

--
-Ryan McGinnis
http://bigstormpicture.com
Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Yeah, though if you wanted to be sneaky-do you could encrypt a message,
put it on a QR sticker, slap the sticker on some traffic pole as a dead
drop, and let it hide in plain sight until your intended recipient came
by and snapped a shot of it.  My guess is that if the world ever gets to
the crazy point where people feel they need to send GPG messages through
non-electronic means, you're just as likely to get the rubber hose and
time-out-in-the-little-box treatment for sending paper mail to someone
with GPG'd QR codes or RFID tags as you are for sending GPG'd emails.

Some of this stuff is just silly, of course, we're nerds not spies, but
if you're going to dial the paranoia to 11 you may as well be consistent
about it.

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Ryan McGinnis via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Perhaps just use QR codes?? Easily scanned and imported by a digital
> device.? Message size is limited, but probably enough.? If not, you can
> maybe use multiple QR codes.? This reply, encrypted to you, is contained
> in the linked QR below:

Well, I currently have no QR-Code Software installed and I need to do then
some test with your fairly large image (2000x2000 pixels in size, 72 dpi).

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Sure, but you gotta admit that you’re an extreme edge case of a group of users that are already kinda edge cases. Most people have QR readers and just don’t realize it. Very few people would need this kind of offline method anyhow, and those that would probably have much better spycraft than we can dream up here, stuff far beyond putting RFIDs on postcards or QR codes on traffic poles.
The size BTW is arbitrary and can be changed within reason in software, but you want fairly high resolution if you plan to print it. 300 ppi at 2K res would give you around 6 inches size printed. A 1,000 by 1,000 file would make a nice 3x3 inch sticker or back of a postcard.
-Ryan McGinnis
http://www.bigstormpicture.com

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Ryan McGinnis via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Yeah, though if you wanted to be sneaky-do you could encrypt a message,
> put it on a QR sticker, slap the sticker on some traffic pole as a dead
> drop, and let it hide in plain sight until your intended recipient came
> by and snapped a shot of it.? My guess is that if the world ever gets to
> the crazy point where people feel they need to send GPG messages through
> non-electronic means, you're just as likely to get the rubber hose and
> time-out-in-the-little-box treatment for sending paper mail to someone
> with GPG'd QR codes or RFID tags as you are for sending GPG'd emails.

[...]

Why would people been treated in that way, once they decide to switch from
(free (guess why...)) electronic mail back to good old (paid) postal mail?

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Ryan McGinnis via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Sure, but you gotta admit that you’re an extreme edge case of a group of users that are already kinda edge cases.  Most
> people have QR readers and just don’t realize it.  Very few people would need this kind of offline method anyhow, and those
> that would probably have much better spycraft than we can dream up here, stuff far beyond putting RFIDs on postcards or QR
> codes on traffic poles.

Yes, I admit this and I think it is good to show these possibilities to people grown up in an Internet regulated world.

> The size BTW is arbitrary and can be changed within reason in software, but you want fairly high resolution if you plan to
> print it.  300 ppi at 2K res would give you around 6 inches size printed.   A 1,000 by 1,000 file would make a nice 3x3 inch
> sticker or back of a postcard.

I am aware of this and if you mean 6x6 inches, if understood correctly, this would be to large for a postcard.

Well, anyways I will check your example out tomorrow.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
El día lunes, octubre 05, 2020 a las 05:37:57p. m. +0200, Stefan Claas escribió:

> Why I came up with this idea? Well I thought of a way to send private content digitally,
> without Internet usage, so that 3rd parties outside the EU have it difficult to intercept
> such messages, in order to protect EU businesses and to show the young generation that
> local postal services should be supported, in favor of a globally surveilled Internet.

I think, even 3rd parties inside the EU will (and should) have it
difficult to intercept messages in order to protect communication in the
EU (and not only businesses). Why do you underlined outside only?

matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ? guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
??? ????? ??? ??????, ??? ?????? ??? ?????????? (??a????? ????? ?????)

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Hi

On Tuesday 6 October 2020 at 5:23:40 PM, in
<mid:20201006172340.00002618@300baud.de>, Stefan Claas wrote:-

> I like to promote the postcards option because the
> postage is cheaper than
> letters if not done regularly.

Only in some countries. Always been exactly the same price where I live.

--
Best regards

MFPA <mailto:2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-groups@riseup.net>

Live your life as though every day it was your last.
Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Matthias Apitz wrote:

> El d?a lunes, octubre 05, 2020 a las 05:37:57p. m. +0200, Stefan Claas escribi?:

> > Why I came up with this idea? Well I thought of a way to send private content digitally,
> > without Internet usage, so that 3rd parties outside the EU have it difficult to intercept
> > such messages, in order to protect EU businesses and to show the young generation that
> > local postal services should be supported, in favor of a globally surveilled Internet.
> >

> I think, even 3rd parties inside the EU will (and should) have it
> difficult to intercept messages in order to protect communication in the
> EU (and not only businesses). Why do you underlined outside only?

I think when it comes to mass surveillance or cyber threats these things usually originate
from regions outside the EU but unfortunately affects citizens or businesses in the EU too.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Ryan McGinnis via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Perhaps just use QR codes?? Easily scanned and imported by a digital
> device.? Message size is limited, but probably enough.? If not, you can
> maybe use multiple QR codes.? This reply, encrypted to you, is contained
> in the linked QR below:

I just downloaded a free QR-Code app from Microsoft's Store and I was able
to decode and decrypt the message. It ends with '...linked QR below:'
but does not contain the link. I must say that for me and the provide
content, the image size is to big for my taste. I will feed now the message
into JAB-code and see how big the image size is there.

A user reported to me that with his QR-Code software he was not able to
decode the message. He usually had always good results with QR-code in the
past. Maybe you can tell me what QR-Code software you used, so that the
user can try with a different or the same software.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas wrote:

> Ryan McGinnis via Gnupg-users wrote:
>
> > Perhaps just use QR codes?? Easily scanned and imported by a digital
> > device.? Message size is limited, but probably enough.? If not, you can
> > maybe use multiple QR codes.? This reply, encrypted to you, is contained
> > in the linked QR below:
>
> I just downloaded a free QR-Code app from Microsoft's Store and I was able
> to decode and decrypt the message. It ends with '...linked QR below:'
> but does not contain the link. I must say that for me and the provide
> content, the image size is to big for my taste. I will feed now the message
> into JAB-code and see how big the image size is there.

Ok. the message from you is with a JAB-Code generated .png image:

396x396 pixels with 72 dpi, compared to your 2000x2000 pixels with 72 dpi.

P.S. I do have for Windows users jabcodeReader.exe and jabcodeWriter.exe
available, if someone likes to play with Fraunhofer's JABcode offline.

https://jabcode.org/

Regards
Stefan

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Hi Stefan,

I feel (speaking only for myself), that this subject has ventured off far enough
to no longer be on topic for this list, if it ever was to begin with. While it
might make for interesting reading, other forums might be more suitable for it,
or even a postal only remailing club or something, I don't know.

Thanks,

Remco

Re: Five volunteers needed (EU only please) [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas wrote:

> Stefan Claas wrote:
>
> > Ryan McGinnis via Gnupg-users wrote:
> >
> > > Perhaps just use QR codes?? Easily scanned and imported by a digital
> > > device.? Message size is limited, but probably enough.? If not, you can
> > > maybe use multiple QR codes.? This reply, encrypted to you, is contained
> > > in the linked QR below:
> >
> > I just downloaded a free QR-Code app from Microsoft's Store and I was able
> > to decode and decrypt the message. It ends with '...linked QR below:'
> > but does not contain the link. I must say that for me and the provide
> > content, the image size is to big for my taste. I will feed now the message
> > into JAB-code and see how big the image size is there.
>
> Ok. the message from you is with a JAB-Code generated .png image:
>
> 396x396 pixels with 72 dpi, compared to your 2000x2000 pixels with 72 dpi.

SORRY!!! I accidentely encoded the plain text and not the
PGP message. The correct result is 1020x1020 pixels!

Regards
Stefan