Mailing List Archive

On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin
As advised by Mr.Koch, my original plead on the subject:
https://dev.gnupg.org/T5032

Cheers :)

Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
Dieter Frye wrote:

> As advised by Mr.Koch, my original plead on the subject:
> https://dev.gnupg.org/T5032
>
> Cheers :)

Hi,

curious as I am, If I understand it right, you use Windows XP
with Becky as MUA for GnuPG or would like to use it with the
lastest version of GnuPG?

Your posting is done via secmail.pro, a Tor email provider,
which requires AFAIK Tor Browser Bundle to access the service.

My question, if you don't mind, does the lastest Tor Browser
Bundle still supports Windows XP and how do you use Becky
with secmail.pro?

Regards
Stefan

On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
> Hi,

> curious as I am, If I understand it right, you use Windows XP
> with Becky as MUA for GnuPG or would like to use it with the
> lastest version of GnuPG?

Howdy.

So yes, I'm using Becky! as a MUA + an outdated GnuPG plugin on Windows
XP, but functionality is somewhat crippled for anything other than GnuPG
v1.4.

> Your posting is done via secmail.pro, a Tor email provider,
> which requires AFAIK Tor Browser Bundle to access the service.

> My question, if you don't mind, does the lastest Tor Browser
> Bundle still supports Windows XP and how do you use Becky
> with secmail.pro?

Nope, they dropped support for XP (specifically the browser part) a while
ago, which thing never really affected me since I use a third party
browser which I interface with the "expert bundle" exe that they continue
to distribute. Of course, that's an gross oversimplification of what's
actually going on this computer, but you catch my drift.

As far as secmail.pro is concerned, it's not possible to use it with
Becky! because there's no server-side support for SMTP, POP3 or IMAP, so
I'm writing directly from semail's web interface.

Unfortunately since practically every single internet service in existence
(be it mail, fora or otherwise) has been in bed with the worldwide private
data collection operation going on right now (lookup PRISM and the
ShadowGate documentary) it's no longer possible (and so it's been for
nearly a decade now) to anonymously register any type of account anywhere,
meaning I'm technically shunned from the Internet and it's nothing short
of a miracle that I'm able to post here at all. I'm actually shocked this
place hasn't been hijacked by vpn-hating cloudflare and the google captcha
nazis because that's true everywhere else.

Currently I use another free, anonymous e-mail service called TorBox which
does have SMTP/POP3 support for everyday communications, though that's
only viable for people operating within the TOR network as it's got no
clearweb support unlike secmail itself, which at the end of the day is
kind of a useless thing anyways given it's blacklisted status (and that
completely without justification) among most every big and small e-mail
provider out there.

Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
Dieter Frye wrote:

> > Hi,
>
> > curious as I am, If I understand it right, you use Windows XP
> > with Becky as MUA for GnuPG or would like to use it with the
> > lastest version of GnuPG?
>
> Howdy.
>
> So yes, I'm using Becky! as a MUA + an outdated GnuPG plugin on Windows
> XP, but functionality is somewhat crippled for anything other than GnuPG
> v1.4.
>
> > Your posting is done via secmail.pro, a Tor email provider,
> > which requires AFAIK Tor Browser Bundle to access the service.
>
> > My question, if you don't mind, does the lastest Tor Browser
> > Bundle still supports Windows XP and how do you use Becky
> > with secmail.pro?
>
> Nope, they dropped support for XP (specifically the browser part) a while
> ago, which thing never really affected me since I use a third party
> browser which I interface with the "expert bundle" exe that they continue
> to distribute. Of course, that's an gross oversimplification of what's
> actually going on this computer, but you catch my drift.
>
> As far as secmail.pro is concerned, it's not possible to use it with
> Becky! because there's no server-side support for SMTP, POP3 or IMAP, so
> I'm writing directly from semail's web interface.

Ah, ok, thanks for the information!

> Unfortunately since practically every single internet service in existence
> (be it mail, fora or otherwise) has been in bed with the worldwide private
> data collection operation going on right now (lookup PRISM and the
> ShadowGate documentary) it's no longer possible (and so it's been for
> nearly a decade now) to anonymously register any type of account anywhere,
> meaning I'm technically shunned from the Internet and it's nothing short
> of a miracle that I'm able to post here at all. I'm actually shocked this
> place hasn't been hijacked by vpn-hating cloudflare and the google captcha
> nazis because that's true everywhere else.

Yes, it is not easy nowadays. Besides cryptography anonymous communication
is also a hobby of mine, since the early cypherpunk days and I always look
for new ways to archive that. I did recently some experiments with some well
known wannabe anonymous email services and how to register with them anonymously,
so that their security checks can be bypassed. Currently I focus on anonymous
communications in combination with offline devices, to protect better against
Pegasus, FinFisher and other crap.

> Currently I use another free, anonymous e-mail service called TorBox which
> does have SMTP/POP3 support for everyday communications, though that's
> only viable for people operating within the TOR network as it's got no
> clearweb support unlike secmail itself, which at the end of the day is
> kind of a useless thing anyways given it's blacklisted status (and that
> completely without justification) among most every big and small e-mail
> provider out there.

Yes, blacklisting small providers is not nice, but at least users can
purchase a cheap VPS server and run their own mail server, which adds
decentralization to the email world.

Regards
Stefan

RE: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
A. Yes, you can still anonymously register for almost anything. It's not straightforward and requires a bit of forethought and jumping through hoops. No, it probably won't defeat the NSA, but if they're your adversary what in blue blazes are you doing using any kind of electronic device let alone posting here.

B. The Shadowgate documentary isn’t. This is Coo-Coo for CocoaPuffs territory. If you want to believe that stuff that's cool, just thought I'd make sure to stick the tinfoil tag on this one since you speak of it like it's a legit thing. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/18/fact-check-shadowgate-spreads-misinformation-major-events/5601742002/

C. Replying to person you were replying to -- how pants on head stupid does one have to be to use Tor browser (or any type of security critical software) on XP? If you think that's a good idea then you shouldn't be using Tor. Either you don't need Tor and using Tor is silly for you, or you do need Tor and you're going to hurt yourself bad by having not the slightest clue how to use Tor safely.

Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
> A. Yes, you can still anonymously register for almost anything.
> It's not straightforward and requires a bit of forethought and
> jumping through hoops. No, it probably won't defeat the NSA, but if
> they're your adversary what in blue blazes are you doing using any
> kind of electronic device let alone posting here.

As I have told several people, the moment your threat model is "I am of
interest to a major nation-state intelligence agency" your response
needs to be either "call my lawyer and sit down for a long talk with
them" or else "withdraw all my savings as cash and go on the run
refusing to use any technology more complicated than a frying pan".

There are no realistic in-betweens.

Bin Laden went for option #2, and was able to survive for almost ten
years while being of interest to every world intelligence agency. It's
good advice, it seriously is. But I'm not kidding about refusing to use
any technology more complicated than a frying pan.

> B. The Shadowgate documentary isn’t. This is Coo-Coo for CocoaPuffs
> territory.

Yep.

> If that's not good enough to circumvent your adversaries, again, you
> should probably just move up into the remote Alaskan wilderness and
> live off wild animals and shrubbery for the rest of your life and
> hope the bad men never find you.

A frying pan might be useful should one elect to go this route!
Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
Go cast iron. You can use it over an open fire in the tundra and it makes a
decent self-defense weapon against rampaging moose. :)

Avi

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 12:48 PM Robert J. Hansen <rjh@sixdemonbag.org>
wrote:

> > A. Yes, you can still anonymously register for almost anything.
>
> > It's not straightforward and requires a bit of forethought and
>
> > jumping through hoops. No, it probably won't defeat the NSA, but if
>
> > they're your adversary what in blue blazes are you doing using any
>
> > kind of electronic device let alone posting here.
>

> As I have told several people, the moment your threat model is "I am of
>
> interest to a major nation-state intelligence agency" your response
>
> needs to be either "call my lawyer and sit down for a long talk with
>
> them" or else "withdraw all my savings as cash and go on the run
>
> refusing to use any technology more complicated than a frying pan".
>

> There are no realistic in-betweens.
>

> Bin Laden went for option #2, and was able to survive for almost ten
>
> years while being of interest to every world intelligence agency. It's
>
> good advice, it seriously is. But I'm not kidding about refusing to use
>
> any technology more complicated than a frying pan.
>

> > B. The Shadowgate documentary isn’t. This is Coo-Coo for CocoaPuffs
>
> > territory.
>

> Yep.
>

> > If that's not good enough to circumvent your adversaries, again, you
>
> > should probably just move up into the remote Alaskan wilderness and
>
> > live off wild animals and shrubbery for the rest of your life and
>
> > hope the bad men never find you.
>

> A frying pan might be useful should one elect to go this route!

Sent from Gmail Mobile
Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
Ryan McGinnis via Gnupg-users wrote:

> B. The Shadowgate documentary isn’t. This is Coo-Coo for CocoaPuffs territory. If you want to believe that stuff that's
> cool, just thought I'd make sure to stick the tinfoil tag on this one since you speak of it like it's a legit thing.
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/18/fact-check-shadowgate-spreads-misinformation-major-events/5601742002/

Well, to be fair, people in Germany, for example, who have seen the German Edition of Shadow Gate may not know that private
contractors exits and what their role is. At least it is now known that they exist.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/private-contractors-play-key-role-in-us-intelligence-work/

The other question which might come up, what is all this IIA and PsyOps stuff, people are talking about.

https://theintercept.com/2015/08/07/psychologists-work-gchq-deception-unit-inflames-debate-among-peers/

Maybe people have also heard of the term Cyber Warfare and wonder if it really exists and what does it do.
Knowing that the below mentioned brigade has a software running called Shadownet.

https://www.army.mil/article/194646/91st_cyber_brigade_activated_as_army_national_guards_first_cyber_brigade

So all in all, whether people think Shadow Gate is a hoax etc. at least it is quite interesting to watch,
because it is well made and should people animate to think more what the future will bring with this hole
commercial Internet crap of today. Thanks to Bill Clinton and Al Gore for 'inventing' the Internet.

Before that 'invention' the Internet was a nice place.

> D: If you really need secure anonymous email, fire up TAILS on a bootable DVD, sign up for a free Protonmail account over
> Tor, use a burner prepaid phone number to authenticate to Protonmail (Protonmail correctly gets worried about Tor signups),
> access Protonmail only over Tor (they have a hidden service). If that's not good enough to circumvent your adversaries,
> again, you should probably just move up into the remote Alaskan wilderness and live off wild animals and shrubbery for the
> rest of your life and hope the bad men never find you.

People who try to sign-up anonymously with Tor Browser, will face the problem that all (random) user ids are already 'taken',
thus making it impossible to sign up via Tor. Maybe you or others had luck in the past.

Regards
Stefan

Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
On 9/8/20 12:59 PM, Avi wrote:
> Go cast iron. You can use it over an open fire in the tundra and it
> makes a decent self-defense weapon against rampaging moose. :)

A møøse once bit my sister.

Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
> Well, to be fair, people in Germany, for example, who have seen the
> German Edition of Shadow Gate may not know that private contractors
> exits and what their role is. At least it is now known that they
> exist.

I have already begged you once, Stefan, to stop hyping this disinformation.

Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
Robert J. Hansen wrote:

> > Well, to be fair, people in Germany, for example, who have seen the
> > German Edition of Shadow Gate may not know that private contractors
> > exits and what their role is. At least it is now known that they
> > exist.
>
> I have already begged you once, Stefan, to stop hyping this disinformation.

Robert, If you remember the other thread, I said I will do so, in *that* thread.

You should also see my reply in context with the provided URLs, which you have
not quoted.

Regards
Stefan

On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
> Dieter Frye wrote:
>
>> > Hi,
>>
>> > curious as I am, If I understand it right, you use Windows XP
>> > with Becky as MUA for GnuPG or would like to use it with the
>> > lastest version of GnuPG?
>>
>> Howdy.
>>
>> So yes, I'm using Becky! as a MUA + an outdated GnuPG plugin on Windows
>> XP, but functionality is somewhat crippled for anything other than GnuPG
>> v1.4.
>>
>> > Your posting is done via secmail.pro, a Tor email provider,
>> > which requires AFAIK Tor Browser Bundle to access the service.
>>
>> > My question, if you don't mind, does the lastest Tor Browser
>> > Bundle still supports Windows XP and how do you use Becky
>> > with secmail.pro?
>>
>> Nope, they dropped support for XP (specifically the browser part) a
>> while
>> ago, which thing never really affected me since I use a third party
>> browser which I interface with the "expert bundle" exe that they
>> continue
>> to distribute. Of course, that's an gross oversimplification of what's
>> actually going on this computer, but you catch my drift.
>>
>> As far as secmail.pro is concerned, it's not possible to use it with
>> Becky! because there's no server-side support for SMTP, POP3 or IMAP, so
>> I'm writing directly from semail's web interface.
>
> Ah, ok, thanks for the information!

You're welcome.

>> Unfortunately since practically every single internet service in
>> existence
>> (be it mail, fora or otherwise) has been in bed with the worldwide
>> private
>> data collection operation going on right now (lookup PRISM and the
>> ShadowGate documentary) it's no longer possible (and so it's been for
>> nearly a decade now) to anonymously register any type of account
>> anywhere,
>> meaning I'm technically shunned from the Internet and it's nothing short
>> of a miracle that I'm able to post here at all. I'm actually shocked
>> this
>> place hasn't been hijacked by vpn-hating cloudflare and the google
>> captcha
>> nazis because that's true everywhere else.
>
> Yes, it is not easy nowadays. Besides cryptography anonymous communication
> is also a hobby of mine, since the early cypherpunk days and I always look
> for new ways to archive that. I did recently some experiments with some
> well
> known wannabe anonymous email services and how to register with them
> anonymously,
> so that their security checks can be bypassed. Currently I focus on
> anonymous
> communications in combination with offline devices, to protect better
> against
> Pegasus, FinFisher and other crap.

Neat. I was still able to use one my old "nym.aliased" gmx with
Quicksilvermail like 8 years ago or whatever it was. Eventually most if
not all public remailers went belly up, and gmx, just like every other
internet service I had been using for years at that point, stone cold
cancelled my account as I refused to comply to their new "privacy
policies" where I'd have been required to hand over my personal
information for no legitimate reason at all. What a bunch of creeps.

Now touching on private communications in general, there's this one place
left most people never heard of called Freenet, specifically the FMS fora
(usenet-style compatible with NNTP clients and all) operating within,
which's completely free, decentralized, anonymous and fully censorship/DOS
resistant. Definitely worth checking out and telling others about.

BitMessage appears to be a somewhat solid alternative to FMS if you can't
really be online regularly, but it's got nowhere near the level of
utility.

>> Currently I use another free, anonymous e-mail service called TorBox
>> which
>> does have SMTP/POP3 support for everyday communications, though that's
>> only viable for people operating within the TOR network as it's got no
>> clearweb support unlike secmail itself, which at the end of the day is
>> kind of a useless thing anyways given it's blacklisted status (and that
>> completely without justification) among most every big and small e-mail
>> provider out there.
>
> Yes, blacklisting small providers is not nice, but at least users can
> purchase a cheap VPS server and run their own mail server, which adds
> decentralization to the email world.
>
> Regards
> Stefan

Unfortunately the main issue for me is being able to communicate with the
outside world, and most of this problem can be traced back to society in
general having an obstinate pathological aversion towards privacy that
cannot be explained away without looking into the recent history of
soviet-style psyops unleashed in the western world.

On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
> A. Yes, you can still anonymously register for almost anything. It's not
> straightforward and requires a bit of forethought and jumping through
> hoops.

Not even close. Only a prepaid phone will do, which are not available
where I live, and even if they were, I'd still be required to show some
form of ID in order to get it, which defeats the whole purpose of getting
one in the first place.

> No, it probably won't defeat the NSA, but if they're your
> adversary what in blue blazes are you doing using any kind of electronic
> device let alone posting here.

In the world we live in right now, a comment someone pretends to be
offended by will get you jail time. It's that bad. I'm not being singled
out by the NSA or anything, and that in part due to the fact that there's
absolutely not a trace of anything on the internet that can be linked back
to my real identity. I arduously cultivated my anonymity from the get go
so to be able to operate freely in the shadows, and it's now paying off in
the form of relative tranquility as I stand untouched in the midst of this
cruel, worldwide socialist takeover.

> B. The Shadowgate documentary isn’t. This is Coo-Coo for CocoaPuffs
> territory. If you want to believe that stuff that's cool, just thought
> I'd make sure to stick the tinfoil tag on this one since you speak of it
> like it's a legit thing.
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/18/fact-check-shadowgate-spreads-misinformation-major-events/5601742002/

There's nothing in that article that even begins to disprove anything the
ShadowGate documentary addressed; literally not one thing. Just a bunch of
NPC's running their mouths spewing the same old tired lies and slander,
which's standard practice for fake news socialist outlets anyways.

Just don't let others do the thinking for you.

> C. Replying to person you were replying to -- how pants on head stupid
> does one have to be to use Tor browser (or any type of security critical
> software) on XP? If you think that's a good idea then you shouldn't be
> using Tor.

The TOR Browser is an accident waiting to happen irrespective of the
system it's running on. XP is secure to the extent that you know how to
make it secure, and that goes for any operating system flexible enough for
the task.

> D: If you really need secure anonymous email, fire up TAILS on a bootable
> DVD

There's no value in doing that since there's nothing I need to perform
securely that XP will not cooperate with, and besides all this, you do NOT
want to blindly capitulate your security to any AIO "solution" like Tails,
specially in light of it's flaws. You're much better off acquiring an
adequate understanding of whatever OS you're running and make the
necessary changes as you go.

Of course there's a limit to that, and certain OS' are plainly and simply
way too compromised and stiff for any privacy-related work, but XP is far
from being one of them.

>, sign up for a free Protonmail account over Tor, use a burner prepaid
> phone number to authenticate to Protonmail (Protonmail correctly gets
> worried about Tor signups), access Protonmail only over Tor (they have a
> hidden service).

Not possible as explained above, and quite frankly Protonmail is one of
the worst offenders because they shun people who are concerned with
privacy...in the name of privacy, of all things. What a dishonest bunch.

>If that's not good enough to circumvent your
> adversaries, again, you should probably just move up into the remote
> Alaskan wilderness and live off wild animals and shrubbery for the rest of
> your life and hope the bad men never find you.

I'll be going up in the rapture before it gets that crazy, so that's
something for the leftbehinders to figure out ;)

RE: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
Unless you live in North Korea or something there are always ways around SIM registration laws, though they get expensive depending on where you live. If you have a trusted US contact you can just have them grab you a bunch of Mint Mobile SIMs and have them cooperate with sending you the OTP codes during signups, for example. Or if you are a man of many quatloos, you can fly to the U.S. and do the trick here yourself and then fly back home and use the accounts. Once you sign up you change the OTP recovery phone number to a VOIP number you control (you'd need to purchase this VOIP number anonymously too, there are plenty of ways to do that like MySudo, Twillio, etc). But unless you're doing some really hinky-dinky stuff like investigating organized criminals or sending the Guardian classified videos of drone strikes on baby kittens, this is mega overkill.

Using XP is madness, IMO. If you're that into rolling your own system why in the heck wouldn't you be petting the penguin? I mean, why would you use a fully configurable open source OS or a fully audited secure distro based on said open source OS when you could instead use an obsolete proprietary OS that's had no security patches in over half a decade? I wouldn't even trust XP for airgapping. If the baddies were really after you I'm sure they'd find whatever you've done to harden your XP boxen super amusing. They might even send each other screenshots of your setup over Signal while making funny comments.

RE: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
> Unless you live in North Korea or something there are always ways around
> SIM registration laws, though they get expensive depending on where you
> live.

This may have been true at some point in the past, but unfortunately I
failed to secure this type of solution when I had the chance to. Today it
simply isn't viable.

> If you have a trusted US contact you can just have them grab you a
> bunch of Mint Mobile SIMs and have them cooperate with sending you the OTP
> codes during signups, for example.

My trusted contacts, irrespective of the country they reside in, are in
pretty much the same situation as myself, so unfortunately it's no use.

> Or if you are a man of many quatloos,
> you can fly to the U.S. and do the trick here yourself and then fly back
> home and use the accounts. Once you sign up you change the OTP recovery
> phone number to a VOIP number you control (you'd need to purchase this
> VOIP number anonymously too, there are plenty of ways to do that like
> MySudo, Twillio, etc). But unless you're doing some really hinky-dinky
> stuff like investigating organized criminals or sending the Guardian
> classified videos of drone strikes on baby kittens, this is mega overkill.

Anything you pay for will inevitably leave a trace unless they're working
with some flavor of digital currency, and on top of that...from MySudo:

"We are committed to working with government agencies if evidence of
illegal activity by a user is brought to our attention. We investigate all
reports where MySudo may have been misused."

They can (and usually do) declare absolutely anything to be "illegal"
these days, and who's going to tell them otherwise? You waste a BLM
terrorist death-threatening you and your family in the midst of your own
property and you're the one committing an illegal act as far as the "law"
of the land is concerned.

Twillio doesn't even let me in...

I appreciate the suggestions but the days of presumption of innocence and
constitutional civil liberties in general are far behind us already.

> Using XP is madness, IMO. If you're that into rolling your own system why
> in the heck wouldn't you be petting the penguin? I mean, why would you
> use a fully configurable open source OS or a fully audited secure distro
> based on said open source OS when you could instead use an obsolete
> proprietary OS that's had no security patches in over half a decade?

Because a barebones Posready 2009 installation (which actually received
patches regularly all the way up to 2019) is about as fully configurable
as virtually any Linux/BSD distro out there, and I've also spent the last
9 years or so auditing this particular OS and I know for a fact it is not
compromised in any meaningful way. Think of it as an "ArchWindows" of
sorts that I'm very familiar with.

As for security patches, XP's solely there to provide the file system, the
API and part of the TCP-IP stack; everything else I handle through 3rd
party applications.

In any event, there's quality (and for me, indispensable) Windows software
that doesn't have an equivalent in the OpenBSD world, which's what I use
for pretty much everything else save for my own rig.

> wouldn't even trust XP for airgapping. If the baddies were really after
> you I'm sure they'd find whatever you've done to harden your XP boxen
> super amusing. They might even send each other screenshots of your setup
> over Signal while making funny comments.

You bet they would haha.

Actually I have thought of putting it all together into a book, but I
figured no one would care. Guess the craft's dying with me.

Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 08 Sep 2020 16:14:13 +0000, Ryan McGinnis via Gnupg-users
stated:
>A. Yes, you can still anonymously register for almost anything. It's
>not straightforward and requires a bit of forethought and jumping
>through hoops. No, it probably won't defeat the NSA, but if they're
>your adversary what in blue blazes are you doing using any kind of
>electronic device let alone posting here.
>
>B. The Shadowgate documentary isn’t. This is Coo-Coo for CocoaPuffs
>territory. If you want to believe that stuff that's cool, just
>thought I'd make sure to stick the tinfoil tag on this one since you
>speak of it like it's a legit thing.
>https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/18/fact-check-shadowgate-spreads-misinformation-major-events/5601742002/
>
>C. Replying to person you were replying to -- how pants on head
>stupid does one have to be to use Tor browser (or any type of security
>critical software) on XP? If you think that's a good idea then you
>shouldn't be using Tor. Either you don't need Tor and using Tor is
>silly for you, or you do need Tor and you're going to hurt yourself
>bad by having not the slightest clue how to use Tor safely.
>
>D: If you really need secure anonymous email, fire up TAILS on a
>bootable DVD, sign up for a free Protonmail account over Tor, use a
>burner prepaid phone number to authenticate to Protonmail (Protonmail
>correctly gets worried about Tor signups), access Protonmail only over
>Tor (they have a hidden service). If that's not good enough to
>circumvent your adversaries, again, you should probably just move up
>into the remote Alaskan wilderness and live off wild animals and
>shrubbery for the rest of your life and hope the bad men never find
>you.

Worst case of paranoia I have witnessed in quite awhile.

--
Jerry
Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
Dieter Frye wrote:

> Actually I have thought of putting it all together into a book, but I
> figured no one would care. Guess the craft's dying with me.

I have a Windows-XP CD license lying around and would pay for your book. :-)

Regards
Stefan

Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
Dieter Frye wrote:

> Currently I use another free, anonymous e-mail service called TorBox which
> does have SMTP/POP3 support for everyday communications, though that's
> only viable for people operating within the TOR network as it's got no
> clearweb support unlike secmail itself, which at the end of the day is
> kind of a useless thing anyways given it's blacklisted status (and that
> completely without justification) among most every big and small e-mail
> provider out there.

One more question, if you don't mind.

Is this the proper URL for Torbox?

https://torbox36ijlcevujx7mjb4oiusvwgvmue7jfn2cvutwa6kl6to3uyqad.onion

If yes, is the operator aware that there are at least three more clear net
Torbox services running, each under a different TLD?

https://torbox36ijlcevujx7mjb4oiusvwgvmue7jfn2cvutwa6kl6to3uyqad.onion.ws/
https://torbox36ijlcevujx7mjb4oiusvwgvmue7jfn2cvutwa6kl6to3uyqad.onion.pet/
https://torbox36ijlcevujx7mjb4oiusvwgvmue7jfn2cvutwa6kl6to3uyqad.onion.sh/

Because I have never seen .onion service operators doing this.

Regards
Stefan

Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
> Dieter Frye wrote:
>
>> Currently I use another free, anonymous e-mail service called TorBox
>> which
>> does have SMTP/POP3 support for everyday communications, though that's
>> only viable for people operating within the TOR network as it's got no
>> clearweb support unlike secmail itself, which at the end of the day is
>> kind of a useless thing anyways given it's blacklisted status (and that
>> completely without justification) among most every big and small e-mail
>> provider out there.
>
> One more question, if you don't mind.
>
> Is this the proper URL for Torbox?
>
> https://torbox36ijlcevujx7mjb4oiusvwgvmue7jfn2cvutwa6kl6to3uyqad.onion
>
> If yes, is the operator aware that there are at least three more clear net
> Torbox services running, each under a different TLD?
>
> https://torbox36ijlcevujx7mjb4oiusvwgvmue7jfn2cvutwa6kl6to3uyqad.onion.ws/
> https://torbox36ijlcevujx7mjb4oiusvwgvmue7jfn2cvutwa6kl6to3uyqad.onion.pet/
> https://torbox36ijlcevujx7mjb4oiusvwgvmue7jfn2cvutwa6kl6to3uyqad.onion.sh/
>
> Because I have never seen .onion service operators doing this.
>
> Regards
> Stefan

Sorry about the delay; I've been experiencing some serious connectivity
issues that are yet to be fully resolved, and sure, love talking online,
which I rarely get to do anymore.

Unfortunately I can't check out those url's right now because of the
aforementioned problem, but I myself am using torbox3uiot6wchz.onion for
both pop3 and smtp if you need to know.

Best regards.

Re: On Becky! Internet Mail's GnuPG Plugin [ In reply to ]
Dieter Frye wrote:

[...]

> Sorry about the delay; I've been experiencing some serious connectivity
> issues that are yet to be fully resolved, and sure, love talking online,
> which I rarely get to do anymore.

No problem and I hope you can fix your connectivity issues.

> Unfortunately I can't check out those url's right now because of the
> aforementioned problem, but I myself am using torbox3uiot6wchz.onion for
> both pop3 and smtp if you need to know.

Thanks for the URL, but unfortunately the connection times out. :-(

Best regards
Stefan

--
NaClbox: cc5c5f846c661343745772156a7751a5eb34d3e83d84b7d6884e507e105fd675
The computer helps us to solve problems, we did not have without him.