--
my 'hidden' service gopherhole:
gopher://iria2xobffovwr6h.onion

Re: keyoxide.org - new service for GnuPG users [ In reply to ]
Reminds me of Keybase without the fluff

On August 7, 2020 1:21:44 PM UTC, Stefan Claas <sac@300baud.de> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>just discovered this new service:
>
>https://keyoxide.org/
>
>Regards
>Stefan
>
>--
>my 'hidden' service gopherhole:
>gopher://iria2xobffovwr6h.onion

Re: keyoxide.org - new service for GnuPG users [ In reply to ]
Base vs Oxide. Chemistry pun... :-)

On 07/08/2020 14:33, Jacky Alcine via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Reminds me of Keybase without the fluff
>
> On August 7, 2020 1:21:44 PM UTC, Stefan Claas <sac@300baud.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> just discovered this new service:
>
> https://keyoxide.org/
>
> Regards
> Stefan

Andrew Gallagher
Re: keyoxide.org - new service for GnuPG users [ In reply to ]
* 2020-08-07 15:21:44+02, Stefan Claas wrote:

> just discovered this new service:
>
> https://keyoxide.org/

I think you should have written more content in your message: a
description of the service and perhaps some own thoughts about it.

Anyway. Keyoxide uses OpenPGP keys' certificate notations to prove that
certain social media profile or web site belongs to the key's owner.
That is interesting because there are no Keyoxide profiles at all. When
opening a (pseudo) profile the service just searches for an OpenPGP key,
checks if it has certain type of notations (URL) and goes to find the
following string from the URL:

[Verifying my OpenPGP key: openpgp4fpr:FINGERPRINT]

"FINGERPRINT" is OpenPGP key fingerprint.

So the "profile" is managed entirely within OpenPGP key and those
external social media profiles.

--
/// Teemu Likonen - .-.. http://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/
Re: keyoxide.org - new service for GnuPG users [ In reply to ]
I like it.

Keybase did a lot of great things, but with their future in the hands of Zoom, it's good that we have alternative, decentralized, open source things being developed.