Mailing List Archive

GnuPG for WIndows and key management files.
I am interested in the question of where to find the files pubring.gpg, secring.gpg and randseed.bin in GnuPG for WIndows.

???? ?????
Re: GnuPG for WIndows and key management files. [ In reply to ]
Re: GnuPG for WIndows and key management files. Hi

On Friday 19 June 2020 at 9:43:32 AM, in
<mid:202006191343316548677@setitagila.ru>, &#1048;&#1083;&#1100;&#1103; &#1055;&#1080;&#1088;&#1086;&#1075;&#1086;&#1074; wrote:-

> I am interested in the question of where to find the
> files
> pubring.gpg, secring.gpg and randseed.bin in GnuPG
> for WIndows.

My pubring.gpg and random_seed files are at %AppData%\gnupg. In the
old days secring.gpg was there too, but that file is not used anymore.

--
Best regards

MFPA <
mailto:2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-groups@riseup.net>

Re: GnuPG for WIndows and key management files. [ In reply to ]
On Samstag, 20. Juni 2020 23:53:50 CEST MFPA via Gnupg-users wrote:
> On Friday 19 June 2020 at 9:43:32 AM, in
> <mid:202006191343316548677@setitagila.ru>, ???? ??????? wrote:-
> > I am interested in the question of where to find the files
> > pubring.gpg, secring.gpg and randseed.bin in GnuPG
> > for WIndows.
>
> My pubring.gpg and random_seed files are at %AppData%\gnupg. In the
> old days secring.gpg was there too, but that file is not used anymore.

pubring.gpg is also gone. It has been replaced with pubring.kbx in modern
GnuPG. And what used to be stored in secring.gpg (i.e. you secret keys) can
now be found in the folder private-keys-v1.d.

Regards,
Ingo
Re: GnuPG for WIndows and key management files. [ In reply to ]
Hi

On Sunday 21 June 2020 at 4:36:34 PM, in
<mid:30058097.XR7lqj05fd@breq>, Ingo Klöcker wrote:-

> pubring.gpg is also gone. It has been replaced with
> pubring.kbx in modern
> GnuPG.

Oops. I forgot about that.

--
Best regards

MFPA <mailto:2017-r3sgs86x8e-lists-groups@riseup.net>

There is no snooze button for a cat that wants breakfast
Re: GnuPG for WIndows and key management files. [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 13:43, ???? ??????? said:
> I am interested in the question of where to find the files
> pubring.gpg, secring.gpg and randseed.bin in GnuPG for WIndows.

Those files are not anymore used (see the otehr replies). However to
figure out GnuPG's home directory you use the command

gpgconf --list-dirs homedir

or leave out "homedir" and it lists all important file system locations.
This command works on all platforms. "gpg --version" also prints the
home directory right before the list of supported algorithms.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner