Obviously I know you can install it an encrypted volume (depending on
your OS) but was curious if the program or even the "pgp standard" took
that into consideration or am I just too bored and that it's a stupid idea?

Re: Public Keyring Security [ In reply to ]
> Obviously I know you can install it an encrypted volume (depending on
> your OS) but was curious if the program or even the "pgp standard" took
> that into consideration or am I just too bored and that it's a stupid idea?

The OpenPGP standard dates back to the mid-1990s, when PGP 3 was first
being considered. (It was never released: the next version of PGP was
actually PGP 5.) Our understanding of the risks of metadata have
evolved significantly since then: it's possible that if OpenPGP were
being designed fresh today on a clean sheet of paper there would be some
mechanism in place to obscure or conceal metadata.

Which is, of course, another way of saying that at present OpenPGP is
completely silent on this subject. If you want your public keyring to
be a confidential secret, the way to do that is to store it on an
encrypted file system.

Re: Public Keyring Security [ In reply to ]
That is what I had figured.  Like I said I was just bored and the though
popped in my head if that was something ever discussed.