I have imported my private and public key and trusted ultimately but still getting same error message . Can you please help me on this.

Thanks,
Srikanth Gubba
Re: Help me on this [ In reply to ]
On 2020-02-28 at 22:31 +0000, Gubba, Srikanth (HNI Corp) via Gnupg-users wrote:
> When I want to decryption for the encrypted file am getting below error message :

> gpg: using subkey 7E5B6A6AB3392A8D instead of primary key 1CC8C8AD84BF7E76
> gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG key, ID 7E5B6A6AB3392A8D, created 2018-06-12
> "HNICorp <ITServiceDesk@hnicorp.com>"
> gpg: public key decryption failed: Timeout
> gpg: decryption failed: No secret key
>
> I have imported my private and public key and trusted ultimately but still getting same error message . Can you please help me on this.

You have not imported the private key.

You can list which private keys you do have with:

gpg --list-secret-keys

If you do see the 1CC8C8AD84BF7E76 key listed, look closely to make sure
that you also have the 7E5B6A6AB3392A8D sub-key, which the file was
encrypted to. If you don't have that sub-key, you'll need to find it
and import it too.

-Phil

RE: Re: Help me on this [ In reply to ]
Hi Phil,

Thank you for your response , please see this screen shot it has both keys.

[cid:image001.png@01D5F06B.E0CB6290]

I have imported secret key but still getting same error message , can you please help on this.

Thanks,

Srikanth Gubba

Re: Re: Help me on this [ In reply to ]
On 2020-03-02 at 14:23 +0000, Gubba, Srikanth (HNI Corp) wrote:
> Thank you for your response , please see this screen shot it has both keys.

> I have imported secret key but still getting same error message , can you please help on this.

Oh, I didn't look closely enough at the error in the original.

} gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG key, ID 7E5B6A6AB3392A8D, created 2018-06-12
} "HNICorp <ITServiceDesk@hnicorp.com>"
} gpg: public key decryption failed: Timeout

I think that this is GnuPG timing out while waiting for the private key
to be unlocked via a passphrase pop-up.

On Unix, it's done with "pinentry", I don't know Windows so don't know
the details there. But hopefully this provides enough to point you in
the right direction.

On Unix, if you don't see a pop-up, then usually either something else
already has a gpg-agent pop-up open, or something is not configured
right to invoke the pop-up correctly.

-Phil

Re: Help me on this [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 12:59, Phil Pennock said:

> On Unix, it's done with "pinentry", I don't know Windows so don't know
> the details there. But hopefully this provides enough to point you in

On Windows we can't make it 100% sure that the Pinentry pops up above
the other windows. In some cases it can't raise itself and thus you
see, as usual under Windows, a blinking icon in the taskbar which you
click to pop up the pinentry.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner