encrypt-to KEY3

or "encrypt-to KEY1 KEY2 KEY3"

Thanks in advance!

Re: Automatic encryption to several recipients [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 08:16, mailing list said:

> Something like
> encrypt-to KEY1
> encrypt-to KEY2
> encrypt-to KEY3

Right. It works the same as --recipient and thus the argument to the
option is the specification of a single key. Please use the fingerprint
to specify the key. Using the keyid or user-id is also possible but
there is a chance that the worn key is picked up if the specification is
non-unique.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner

Re: Automatic encryption to several recipients [ In reply to ]
On 13.01.20 at 12:00 talked Werner Koch:
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 08:16, mailing list said:
>
>> Something like
>> encrypt-to KEY1
>> encrypt-to KEY2
>> encrypt-to KEY3
>
> Right. It works the same as --recipient and thus the argument to the
> option is the specification of a single key. Please use the fingerprint
> to specify the key. Using the keyid or user-id is also possible but
> there is a chance that the worn key is picked up if the specification is
> non-unique.

Ah,ok.
By the way, why is there no option like "--use-secret"?
I know, GnuPG has some magic to use the correct secret key to decode
data, but if you have some (a lot) secret key, this magic may waste time
or be inconvenient in some way.
A "--use-secret-key" option would give the user full control to use a
chosen secret key without depending on any auto mechanism. Maybe
something to consider.

Best regards

Re: Automatic encryption to several recipients [ In reply to ]