Mailing List Archive

New OpenPGP packet request
Hi Werner and all GnuPG hackers,

I would like to ask if it is possible in a future version of
GnuPG to have a new OpenPGP packet defined, which would allow
GnuPG users that their public key can be no longer uploaded
to the the old SKS keyserver Network, so that SKS rejects the
OpenPGP Public Key Block? Maybe this packet request could be
added in form of the key-generation process, so that GnuPG
users will be asked by GnuPG if they like to have old-style
SKS support or not.

I ask this because I can imagine that some people do not want
that their new public key block is accidently uploaded and
distributed without their consent.

It is assumed that the SKS Network will not go away in the near
future and it is assumed once such a new non-compatible SKS packet
would be supported by GnuPG it could be quickly supported by modern
Hagrid, Mailvelope and hockeypuck.

Best Regards
Stefan

--
NaClbox: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
certified OpenPGP key blocks available on keybase.io/stefan_claas

Re: New OpenPGP packet request [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:

> It is assumed that the SKS Network will not go away in the near
> future and it is assumed once such a new non-compatible SKS packet
> would be supported by GnuPG it could be quickly supported by modern
> Hagrid, Mailvelope and hockeypuck.

Mmmh, while thinking of it, if the hockepuck author would support this
(if implemented in GnuPG) then the SKS folks could later jump on
huckepuck...like the Ubuntu folks :-( (*PLEASE DEAR HOCKEYPUCK AUTHOR
DO NOT IMPLEMENT THIS SHOULD THIS PROPOSAL BE FRUITFUL*)

Regards
Stefan

Re: New OpenPGP packet request [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:
>
> > It is assumed that the SKS Network will not go away in the near
> > future and it is assumed once such a new non-compatible SKS packet
> > would be supported by GnuPG it could be quickly supported by modern
> > Hagrid, Mailvelope and hockeypuck.
>
> Mmmh, while thinking of it, if the hockepuck author would support this
> (if implemented in GnuPG) then the SKS folks could later jump on
> huckepuck...like the Ubuntu folks :-( (*PLEASE DEAR HOCKEYPUCK AUTHOR
> DO NOT IMPLEMENT THIS SHOULD THIS PROPOSAL BE FRUITFUL*)

Another possible solution, maybe worth to discuss, is that if all
SKS key servers would be replaced with hockeypuck that the author
implements the key server no modify flag, GnuPG offers.

Regards
Stefan

Re: New OpenPGP packet request [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users wrote:

> Another possible solution, maybe worth to discuss, is that if all
> SKS key servers would be replaced with hockeypuck that the author
> implements the key server no modify flag, GnuPG offers.

https://github.com/hockeypuck/hockeypuck/issues/71

Regards
Stefan