because we need to figure out whether we wish to continue advocating SKS
and how we ought adjust the RSA-2K language in the FAQ in light of the
fact we currently default to -3K and will soon move to ECC.

Re: FAQ change [ In reply to ]
On 21/10/2019 06:09, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> Due to Yahoo! Groups closing

I know it doesn't really matter here and now but Yahoo Groups is not
closing. It's only the ancillary services that are being deleted. Yahoo
Groups continues in service as a very basic mail list service (with no
archive), i.e. the core service continues as it does now.

(Yes, I can well imagine that the death of the Yahoo Groups mail list
service could well happen soon but it has not been announced as yet).

Reference: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html

--
Mark Rousell
Re: FAQ change [ In reply to ]

Re: FAQ change [ In reply to ]
> I thought PGPNET's move was prompted by degraded performance on the
> yahoogroups platform, which lead some group members to look around and
> find something that worked better.

What I know is this: I was asked by a PGPNET member to change the
address, and the cause for the change was the imminent closure of the
Yahoo! Groups version of PGPNET. That's all. Beyond that, discuss it
on PGPNET, please. :)

Re: FAQ change [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2019-10-22 at 00:59 +0100, MFPA via Gnupg-users wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Monday 21 October 2019 at 6:09:17 AM, in
> <mid:b9178fe8-1c06-9547-f161-461d64ce5b3a@sixdemonbag.org>, Robert J.
> Hansen wrote:-
>
> > Due to Yahoo! Groups closing, the PGPNET mailing list
> > has moved to
> > groups.io;
>
> I thought PGPNET's move was prompted by degraded performance on the
> yahoogroups platform, which lead some group members to look around
> and
> find something that worked better.

It was, but that's quibbling. Yahoo! Groups performance, on the
platform and as a simple mailing list relay, has been deteriorating for
years. Hundreds of lists formerly hosted on Yahoo! Groups have moved
to other platforms because Yahoo!'s current ownership has made it clear
that the groups they inherited are not part of their corporate future.
The elimination of of hosted content is just the latest manifestation.

Like others, we looked around and found something that worked better.

My thanks to Mr. Hansen for updating our listing.

Jeff Allen, PGPNET moderator