Should Be Afraid Of The People - When Injustice Becomes Law, REBELLION
Becomes A DUTY! Join the Rebellion Today! The "Captain's B(L)og"
https://gbenet.com

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
David wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am looking for an alternative to Enigmail - which fails to work.
> Any ideas as to a suitable replacement??

You may check out another MUA, like Claws-Mail, which I used with
GPG plug-ins in the past. It worked fine!

Regards
Stefan

--
box: 4a64758de9e8ceded2c481ee526440687fe2f3a828e3a813f87753ad30847b56
GPG: C93E252DFB3B4DB7EAEB846AD8D464B35E12AB77 (avail. on Hagrid, WKD)

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users:
> David wrote:
>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I am looking for an alternative to Enigmail - which fails to work.
>> Any ideas as to a suitable replacement??
>
> You may check out another MUA, like Claws-Mail, which I used with
> GPG plug-ins in the past. It worked fine!
>
> Regards
> Stefan

Hello Stefan - is it an add-on? Works on Linux? And does it support
multiple keys which Enigmail does not?

I will go check :)

David

--
People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Government - Their Government

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
David wrote:

> Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users:
> > David wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Everyone,
> >>
> >> I am looking for an alternative to Enigmail - which fails to work.
> >> Any ideas as to a suitable replacement??
> >
> > You may check out another MUA, like Claws-Mail, which I used with
> > GPG plug-ins in the past. It worked fine!
> >
> > Regards
> > Stefan
> >
> Hello Stefan - is it an add-on? Works on Linux? And does it support
> multiple keys which Enigmail does not?
>
> I will go check :)

Claws-Mail is a MUA/NUA like Thunderbird. It includes GPG plug-ins.

Regarding multiple key, I don't know what you mean, sorry.

When I send messages (online) in the past with Claws-Mail I only
send to single individuals.

If you mean multiple keys for yourself, I never checked this,
but assume then you may need also individual accounts in
Claws-Mail for multiple keys.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users:
> David wrote:
>
>> Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users:

>>> You may check out another MUA, like Claws-Mail, which I used with
>>> GPG plug-ins in the past. It worked fine!
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Stefan
>>>
>> Hello Stefan - is it an add-on? Works on Linux? And does it support
>> multiple keys which Enigmail does not?
>>
>> I will go check :)
>
> Claws-Mail is a MUA/NUA like Thunderbird. It includes GPG plug-ins.
>
> Regarding multiple key, I don't know what you mean, sorry.
>
> When I send messages (online) in the past with Claws-Mail I only
> send to single individuals.
>
> If you mean multiple keys for yourself, I never checked this,
> but assume then you may need also individual accounts in
> Claws-Mail for multiple keys.
>
> Regards
> Stefan

Hello Stefan,

I have three email accounts with their own keys - Enigmail does not
support this - you have to have one key and that's it.

Am downloading and installing claws mail now so hope it will import all
my Thunderbird and Enigmail settings :)

David

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
David wrote:

Hi David,

> I have three email accounts with their own keys - Enigmail does not
> support this - you have to have one key and that's it.

Ah, o.k. I never tried it, but it should be possible, with different
accounts and keys (hopefully).

> Am downloading and installing claws mail now so hope it will import all
> my Thunderbird and Enigmail settings :)

Claws-Mail is a different beast and I think this will not work.

Regards
Stefan

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jul 2019, at 18:47, David <david@gbenet.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Stefan,
>
> I have three email accounts with their own keys - Enigmail does not
> support this - you have to have one key and that's it.

That is simply not true. I used enigmail with multiple keys for years without any issues. If you’re having issues configuring it, perhaps ask on the enigmail list.

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
* david@gbenet.com:

> I have three email accounts with their own keys - Enigmail does not
> support this - you have to have one key and that's it.

Nonsense! One can not only configure one PGP key per account (of which
there can be many), one can even configure one key per identity. Each
TB account can have multiplie identities; one of Thunderbird's killer
features as far as I am concerned.

Why you would lambast Enigmail for a non-problem, caused by you not
configuring things properly, is beyond me.

-Ralph

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Ralph Seichter:
> * david@gbenet.com:
>
>> I have three email accounts with their own keys - Enigmail does not
>> support this - you have to have one key and that's it.
>
> Nonsense! One can not only configure one PGP key per account (of which
> there can be many), one can even configure one key per identity. Each
> TB account can have multiplie identities; one of Thunderbird's killer
> features as far as I am concerned.
>
> Why you would lambast Enigmail for a non-problem, caused by you not
> configuring things properly, is beyond me.
>
> -Ralph

Ralf,

I have had one key pair for over 20 years - for postmaster@gbenet.com
I decided to create another key pair last week for my website -
site-admin@gbenet.com

I set the settings to choose a key by email account select the key
manually. I then sent a encrypted and signed test message from
postmaster@gbenet.com to site-admin@gbenet.com

The email arrived and I could read it - I had no need to decrypt it
because it was signed and encrypted to postmaster@gbenet.com

I then decided to reply - it selected postmasters key but refused to
sign the email - I entered the passphrase three times all by hand the
same result.

Puzzled by this - I decided to take the checkbox out of picking the
right key for the email accounts of postmaster@gbenet.com and
site-admin@gbenet.com

I decided to send just an encrypted email to postmaster@gbenet.com from
site-admin@gbenet.com "I can't find the key" even though I had selected
the key - hmmmm.............. I tried then to just send a signed reeply
to postmater@gbenet.com not encrypted - the dialogue box popped up to
enter the passphrase for site-admin@gbenet.com - again it refused to
accept the passphrase for site-admin@gbenet.com

Oh and I created a new key pair for david@gbenet.com which are
completely useless. I tried with all three keys - the only key to work
is my postmaster@gbenet.com which I've used in Thunderbird and Enigmail
for over 20 years.

And after each of these config changes in Enigmail and Thunderbird I
shut down Thunderbird deleted all the caches and rebooted my laptop.

The results were all consistent:
Enigmail will only work with ONE Key.
It does not recognise any other key than the first key that was created.

I'd like to use my david@gbenet.com key here - some ages ago complained
I was using postmaster@gbenet.com's key to sign emails. I thought it
woulld be a good idea to have a key for this email account. BUT I can
not use it - I can not sign emails.

You moan - but offer no solutions. I can think of only one possible
solution that will work delete site-admin's key pair - delete david's
key pair and go back to what Thunderbird and Enigmail are happy with one
key pair from postmaster@gbenet.com

To be frank your comments are just like a bad fart - then they go away.
You don't think perhaps can not think - your not too smart as to offer
any solution.

Regards

David

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Andrew Gallagher:

>> On 30 Jul 2019, at 18:47, David <david@gbenet.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Stefan,
>>
>> I have three email accounts with their own keys - Enigmail does not
>> support this - you have to have one key and that's it.
>
> That is simply not true. I used enigmail with multiple keys for years without any issues. If you’re having issues configuring it, perhaps ask on the enigmail list.

I have done so - but have got no advice on the correct settings in
Thunderbird or Enigmail.

That's why I am considering other solutions. I have been with
Thunderbird and Enigmail for over 20 years with one key pair -
postmaster@gbenet.com

Regards,

David

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users:
> David wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>
>> I have three email accounts with their own keys - Enigmail does not
>> support this - you have to have one key and that's it.
>
> Ah, o.k. I never tried it, but it should be possible, with different
> accounts and keys (hopefully).
>
>> Am downloading and installing claws mail now so hope it will import all
>> my Thunderbird and Enigmail settings :)
>
> Claws-Mail is a different beast and I think this will not work.
>
> Regards
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

It's all installed - with a main mail box. Am going to see if I can
create four email accounts - hopefully not all as sub-accounts of the
first one I created - I notice you can not change the name of this mail
box :) I've yet to figure out how to use my keys. A learninng curve is
in order but late at night 11.45pm!!

Regards

David

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
* david@gbenet.com:

> Enigmail will only work with ONE Key.
> It does not recognise any other key than the first key that was
> created.

I use multiple keys with Enigmail and Thunderbird, and I have done so
for years.

> You don't think perhaps can not think - your not too smart as to offer
> any solution.

Right, try insulting people, that will surely get you far. :-) I owe you
exactly nothing. If you cannot figure it out yourself, try the Enigmail
mailing list.

-Ralph

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Ralph Seichter:
> * david@gbenet.com:
>
>> Enigmail will only work with ONE Key.
>> It does not recognise any other key than the first key that was
>> created.
>
> I use multiple keys with Enigmail and Thunderbird, and I have done so
> for years.
>
>> You don't think perhaps can not think - your not too smart as to offer
>> any solution.
>
> Right, try insulting people, that will surely get you far. :-) I owe you
> exactly nothing. If you cannot figure it out yourself, try the Enigmail
> mailing list.
>
> -Ralph

I have approached the Enigmail list (if you care to read all the emails)
but have had no instructions or help in resolving matters - clearly some
people wish to make conversations rather than offering practical help -
this failure was what prompted me to look into other solutions.

David

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
> That's why I am considering other solutions. I have been with
> Thunderbird and Enigmail for over 20 years with one key pair -

This is simply not possible, as Enigmail didn't exist until 2001. (It
took until about 2003 before it became really usable.)

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
On 31.07.2019 00:36, David wrote:
> Andrew Gallagher:
>>
>>> On 30 Jul 2019, at 18:47, David <david@gbenet.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Stefan,
>>>
>>> I have three email accounts with their own keys - Enigmail does not
>>> support this - you have to have one key and that's it.
>>
>> That is simply not true. I used enigmail with multiple keys for years without any issues. If you’re having issues configuring it, perhaps ask on the enigmail list.

> I have done so - but have got no advice on the correct settings in
> Thunderbird or Enigmail.

That's not true. I have asked you for more details on the Enigmail
mailing list. But instead of responding, you came here to ask the same
questions.

As Enigmail uses GnuPG for any crypto-operations, I don't think that the
problem is in Enigmail, but in your setup. Feel free to answer my
questions on the Enigmail mailing list, and I'll continue to try to find
out what goes wrong.

-Patrick

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Patrick Brunschwig:
> On 31.07.2019 00:36, David wrote:
>> Andrew Gallagher:

>>> That is simply not true. I used enigmail with multiple keys for years without any issues. If you’re having issues configuring it, perhaps ask on the enigmail list.

>> I have done so - but have got no advice on the correct settings in
>> Thunderbird or Enigmail.
>
> That's not true. I have asked you for more details on the Enigmail
> mailing list. But instead of responding, you came here to ask the same
> questions.
>
> As Enigmail uses GnuPG for any crypto-operations, I don't think that the
> problem is in Enigmail, but in your setup. Feel free to answer my
> questions on the Enigmail mailing list, and I'll continue to try to find
> out what goes wrong.
>
> -Patrick

Hello Patrick,

I did not approach this list for answers - I just asked if anyone knew
of an alternative. I then got drawn in to what was the problem.

People say "Oh your settings are wrong" But the FAIL to give the RIGHT
SETTINGS!! And then go waffling on....................

I have turned back the clock some 20 years - so have no settings to
support further keys.

Having said that - I would appreciate exactly what settings will work to
enable me to sign with other emails and the public key associated with
it and to be able to encrypt and sign with differing emails and keys.

I want specific instructions - not moaning and groaning my settings are
wrong and I don't know what I'm doing - that approach does not lead to a
solution.

Regards,

David

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Robert J. Hansen:
>> That's why I am considering other solutions. I have been with
>> Thunderbird and Enigmail for over 20 years with one key pair -
>
> This is simply not possible, as Enigmail didn't exist until 2001. (It
> took until about 2003 before it became really usable.)

Ok two years out - thank you for the correction

David

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]

Hi David,

here is, how I had thunderbird + enigmail running for several years with
two keys and without problems (I have switched away from thunderbird since
one year ago, because it got too heavy and slow for my taste):

For each sending address, I have an identity
"Edit" -> "Account Settings" -> "Manage Identities ..."
and for each I set up the correct pgp key to use
"Edit ..." (in the Identities-window) -> "OpenPGP Security" -> "Use email
address of this identity to identify OpenPGP key" (where the address
matches) and "Use specific OpenPGP key ID" (where the address does not
match).

Sry, If this does not help and you mentioned it already, but the previous
mails contained too much emotion to completely be read by me.

Anyways, since you originally asked for an alternative: I am currently
using alpine + topal - which get's the multiple-keys part well, too, but
has deficits regarding MIME/multipart encryption.

regards,
Erich Eckner
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
Institut für Optik und Quantenelektronik
Helmholtzweg 4
07743 Jena

Tel. +49 3641 9-47238

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Erich Eckner via Gnupg-users:
> Hi David,
>
> here is, how I had thunderbird + enigmail running for several years with
> two keys and without problems (I have switched away from thunderbird
> since one year ago, because it got too heavy and slow for my taste):
>
> For each sending address, I have an identity
> "Edit" -> "Account Settings" -> "Manage Identities ..."
> and for each I set up the correct pgp key to use
> "Edit ..." (in the Identities-window) -> "OpenPGP Security" -> "Use
> email address of this identity to identify OpenPGP key" (where the
> address matches) and "Use specific OpenPGP key ID" (where the address
> does not match).
>
> Sry, If this does not help and you mentioned it already, but the
> previous mails contained too much emotion to completely be read by me.
>
> Anyways, since you originally asked for an alternative: I am currently
> using alpine + topal - which get's the multiple-keys part well, too, but
> has deficits regarding MIME/multipart encryption.
>
> regards,
> Erich Eckner
> Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
> Institut für Optik und Quantenelektronik
> Helmholtzweg 4
> 07743 Jena
>
> Tel. +49 3641 9-47238
>

> On Wed, 31 Jul 2019, David wrote:
>
>> Robert J. Hansen:
>>>
>>> This is simply not possible, as Enigmail didn't exist until 2001. (It
>>> took until about 2003 before it became really usable.)

>> Ok two years out - thank you for the correction
>
>> David
>

>> --
>> People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Government - Their Government
>> Should Be Afraid Of The People - When Injustice Becomes Law, REBELLION
>> Becomes A DUTY! Join the Rebellion Today! The "Captain's B(L)og"
>> https://gbenet.com

Hello Erich,

I did what you said - associated each email address with it's own key.
I then shut down Thunderbird re-started and carried out the following test:

Test One:

I sent an encrypted and signed email to site-admin from postmaster. I
received the email - it took 6 attempts to decrypt it.

I then decided to reply - so I sent an encrypted and signed email to
postmaster - I was unable to sign as site-admin - after 9 attempts of
entering the passphrase - each time rejected by Enigmail. I was unable
to send a signed and encrypted email to postmaster.

Test Two:

I sent an encrypted and signed email to david - when selecting the right
public key there was always a tick in postmaster which I removed and
selected the right key to encrypt too. BUT Enigmail REFUSED to accept my
passphrase after 9 attempts.

Test Three:

I decided to send a signed and encrypted email to postmaster from David.
With the following results: For some strange reason Enigmail encrypted
to postmaster and signed:

Decrypted message Good signature from David <david@gbenet.com> Key ID:
0x3299975EAD1E968848D19945459E3AE3EA13E1A3 / Signed on: 31/07/19, 12:18
Key fingerprint: 3299 975E AD1E 9688 48D1 9945 459E 3AE3 EA13 E1A3 Used
Algorithms: RSA and SHA256 Note: The message is encrypted for the
following User ID's / Keys: 0xD21B4405FDDA1EF2 (postmaster (There's
always light at the end of the tunnel) <postmaster@gbenet.com>),
0xCF833B99EBD6222A (David <david@gbenet.com

I just copied and pasted the passphrase into the check box - I did the
same with david@gbenet.com and entered it in by hand 6 times.

Test Four:

I decided to send a signed and encrypted email from skipper to David
with the following results: The message was signed Enigmail accepted the
passphrase. The message was decrypted - even though Enigmail asked me
for david's passphrase. When I clicked on show info about the signer no
results came back. I do not know if david@gbenet.com or
postmster@gbenet.com actually decrypted the email :) Hahhhaha!!!

When selecting a public key to encrypt too - postmaster@gbenet.com's key
is always selected. One hundred per cent of the time.

Test Five

I am going to attempt to sign and encrypt a "test" email to you:
I selected your key - no passphrase was asked for - the email was sent.
Who signed it - I have no idea.

Enigmail fails to read it's own settings - and fails to accept valid
passphrases associated with valid keys.

Enigmail always defaults to one PRIMARY KEY which is postmaster@gbent.com

Coffee

Regards

David

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
On 31.07.2019 08:56, David wrote:
> Patrick Brunschwig:
>> On 31.07.2019 00:36, David wrote:
>>> Andrew Gallagher:

>>> I have done so - but have got no advice on the correct settings in
>>> Thunderbird or Enigmail.
>>
>> That's not true. I have asked you for more details on the Enigmail
>> mailing list. But instead of responding, you came here to ask the same
>> questions.
>>
>> As Enigmail uses GnuPG for any crypto-operations, I don't think that the
>> problem is in Enigmail, but in your setup. Feel free to answer my
>> questions on the Enigmail mailing list, and I'll continue to try to find
>> out what goes wrong.
>>
>> -Patrick
>>

> Hello Patrick,
>
> I did not approach this list for answers - I just asked if anyone knew
> of an alternative. I then got drawn in to what was the problem.
>
> People say "Oh your settings are wrong" But the FAIL to give the RIGHT
> SETTINGS!! And then go waffling on....................
>
> I have turned back the clock some 20 years - so have no settings to
> support further keys.
>
> Having said that - I would appreciate exactly what settings will work to
> enable me to sign with other emails and the public key associated with
> it and to be able to encrypt and sign with differing emails and keys.
>
> I want specific instructions - not moaning and groaning my settings are
> wrong and I don't know what I'm doing - that approach does not lead to a
> solution.

Here are the instructions:

1. Open the Thunderbird Account Settings (menu Tools > Account Settings)
2. switch to the tab "OpenPGP Security"
3. make sure that "Enable OpenPGP support" is checked
4. click on the button "Select key"
5. select the key that matches the email address of the account

Repeat Steps 2-5 for each and every of your accounts/email addresses.

If you follow(ed) these instructions, then everything else /should/ go
automatically and you /should/ not have any issues. If you do have
issues, then there are no simple instructions - we have to dig to find
out what's wrong.

The questions I asked on the Enigmail mailing list are the 1st step into
trying to find out why things don't work as expected, as I assumed that
-- as a long-term user -- you already did configure Enigmail correctly.

-Patrick

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
David:
> [...]
>
> Test Four:
>
> I decided to send a signed and encrypted email from skipper to David
> with the following results: The message was signed Enigmail accepted the
> passphrase. The message was decrypted - even though Enigmail asked me
> for david's passphrase. When I clicked on show info about the signer no
> results came back. I do not know if david@gbenet.com or
> postmster@gbenet.com actually decrypted the email :) Hahhhaha!!!
>
> When selecting a public key to encrypt too - postmaster@gbenet.com's key
> is always selected. One hundred per cent of the time.
>
> Test Five
>
> I am going to attempt to sign and encrypt a "test" email to you:
> I selected your key - no passphrase was asked for - the email was sent.
> Who signed it - I have no idea.
>
> Enigmail fails to read it's own settings - and fails to accept valid

An update

Consider the fact that for 30 times Enigmail refused to accept the
passphrase for david@gbenet.com

I decided to send an encrypted email to Erich. When selecting his
private key there was no automatic tick in postmaster. But a tick in
Erich's public key

On sending I thought I was going to be asked for david's passphrase yet
again - but no - the email passed very quickly.

This begs the following questions:

(1) Why is postmaster always selcected as the default public key?
(2) Why is it on failing 30 times to accept david's passphrase why does
enigmail mysteriously remember it when it rejected 30 times?

Answers on a postcard please

David

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
On 31.07.2019 13:46, David wrote:
> Hello Erich,
>
> I did what you said - associated each email address with it's own key.
> I then shut down Thunderbird re-started and carried out the following test:
>
> Test One:
>
> I sent an encrypted and signed email to site-admin from postmaster. I
> received the email - it took 6 attempts to decrypt it.
>
> I then decided to reply - so I sent an encrypted and signed email to
> postmaster - I was unable to sign as site-admin - after 9 attempts of
> entering the passphrase - each time rejected by Enigmail. I was unable
> to send a signed and encrypted email to postmaster.

I'm sorry, but there's a misunderstanding. Enigmail does /not/ query
your passphrase. Enigmail calls GnuPG, and GnuPG asks for your
passphrase if needed. If the passphrase is rejected that's not related
to Enigmail.

-Patrick

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Patrick Brunschwig:
> On 31.07.2019 08:56, David wrote:
>> Patrick Brunschwig:

>>> That's not true. I have asked you for more details on the Enigmail
>>> mailing list. But instead of responding, you came here to ask the same
>>> questions.
>>>
>>> As Enigmail uses GnuPG for any crypto-operations, I don't think that the
>>> problem is in Enigmail, but in your setup. Feel free to answer my
>>> questions on the Enigmail mailing list, and I'll continue to try to find
>>> out what goes wrong.
>>>
>>> -Patrick
>>>

>> Hello Patrick,
>>
>> I did not approach this list for answers - I just asked if anyone knew
>> of an alternative. I then got drawn in to what was the problem.
>>
>> People say "Oh your settings are wrong" But the FAIL to give the RIGHT
>> SETTINGS!! And then go waffling on....................
>>
>> I have turned back the clock some 20 years - so have no settings to
>> support further keys.
>>
>> Having said that - I would appreciate exactly what settings will work to
>> enable me to sign with other emails and the public key associated with
>> it and to be able to encrypt and sign with differing emails and keys.
>>
>> I want specific instructions - not moaning and groaning my settings are
>> wrong and I don't know what I'm doing - that approach does not lead to a
>> solution.
>
> Here are the instructions:
>
> 1. Open the Thunderbird Account Settings (menu Tools > Account Settings)
> 2. switch to the tab "OpenPGP Security"
> 3. make sure that "Enable OpenPGP support" is checked
> 4. click on the button "Select key"
> 5. select the key that matches the email address of the account
>
> Repeat Steps 2-5 for each and every of your accounts/email addresses.
>
> If you follow(ed) these instructions, then everything else /should/ go
> automatically and you /should/ not have any issues. If you do have
> issues, then there are no simple instructions - we have to dig to find
> out what's wrong.
>
> The questions I asked on the Enigmail mailing list are the 1st step into
> trying to find out why things don't work as expected, as I assumed that
> -- as a long-term user -- you already did configure Enigmail correctly.
>
> -Patrick

Patrick,

When I first created my keys that is exactly what I did. It all failed.

Enigmail always defaults to the first set of keys one created - for
example site-addmin wants to an encrypted and signed mail to skipper -
when you go to select the public key of skipper - postmaster is always
selected.

Also - why is it that enigmail and reuse a passphrase 30- times - then
suddenly remember to use it??

Enigmaill does not always read it's own settings. Even when you flush
the cache and reboot your laptop or desktop. It always defaults to the
first key you created for signing and encryption when using local keys
ie david@gbenet.com site-addmin@gbenet.com skipper@gbenet.com

be Happy - but there's something amiss somewhere in the code - what that
something is I have no idea.

David

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
Patrick Brunschwig:
> On 31.07.2019 13:46, David wrote:
>> Hello Erich,
>>
>> I did what you said - associated each email address with it's own key.
>> I then shut down Thunderbird re-started and carried out the following test:
>>
>> Test One:
>>
>> I sent an encrypted and signed email to site-admin from postmaster. I
>> received the email - it took 6 attempts to decrypt it.
>>
>> I then decided to reply - so I sent an encrypted and signed email to
>> postmaster - I was unable to sign as site-admin - after 9 attempts of
>> entering the passphrase - each time rejected by Enigmail. I was unable
>> to send a signed and encrypted email to postmaster.
>
> I'm sorry, but there's a misunderstanding. Enigmail does /not/ query
> your passphrase. Enigmail calls GnuPG, and GnuPG asks for your
> passphrase if needed. If the passphrase is rejected that's not related
> to Enigmail.
>
> -Patrick

So we go and ask Werner :)

hahahaha!!!

David -

Re: Enigmail [ In reply to ]
On 31/07/2019 13:36, David wrote:
> Enigmail always defaults to the first set of keys one created

Enigmail will default to the first set of keys in your keyring that
matches the selection criteria. Do you have more than one ID on each
key? Do you have more than one key for each ID? This could be causing
some confusion.

--
Andrew Gallagher

1 2  View All