Mailing List Archive

Commands supported by extra socket
Hi All,

Where can I find information on what commands are supported by
S.gpg-agent and S.gpg-agent.extra socket? I am looking for some
information which clearly differentiates these two sockets.

Thanks,
Vijai Kumar K

Re: Commands supported by extra socket [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 15:57, gnupg-users@gnupg.org said:

> Where can I find information on what commands are supported by
> S.gpg-agent and S.gpg-agent.extra socket? I am looking for some
> information which clearly differentiates these two sockets.

Here is an overview on the allowed commands for the S.gpg-agent.extra
and S.gpg-agent.browser. Only the commands required for perform a
signature creation or a decryption are possible via these sockets. It is
for example not possible to list all known keys or to create a key.

| Command | Allowed | Comment |
|-------------------+---------+---------|
| GETEVENTCOUNTER | no | |
| ISTRUSTED | yes | |
| HAVEKEY | yes | |
| KEYINFO | no | |
| SIGKEY | yes | |
| SETKEY | yes | |
| SETKEYDESC | yes | |
| SETHASH | yes | |
| PKSIGN | yes | |
| PKDECRYPT | yes | |
| GENKEY | no | |
| READKEY | no | |
| GET_PASSPHRASE | no | |
| PRESET_PASSPHRASE | no | |
| CLEAR_PASSPHRASE | no | |
| GET_CONFIRMATION | no | |
| LISTTRUSTED | no | |
| MARKTRUSTED | no | |
| LEARN | no | |
| PASSWD | no | |
| SCD | no | |
| KEYWRAP_KEY | no | |
| IMPORT_KEY | no | |
| EXPORT_KEY | no | |
| DELETE_KEY | no | |
| GET_SECRET | no | |
| PUT_SECRET | no | |
| GETVAL | no | |
| PUTVAL | no | |
| UPDATESTARTUPTTY | no | |
| KILLAGENT | no | |
| RELOADAGENT | no | |
| KEYTOCARD | no | |
| GETINFO | no | see 1 |
| OPTION | no | see 2 |
|-------------------+---------+---------|

1) except for the sub-commands:
"version", "cmd_has_option", "s2k_count", "restricted".
2) except for the option:
"agent-awareness"

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

Re: Commands supported by extra socket [ In reply to ]
On Thu 1 Aug, 2019, 9:20 PM Werner Koch, <wk@gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 15:57, gnupg-users@gnupg.org said:
>
> > Where can I find information on what commands are supported by
> > S.gpg-agent and S.gpg-agent.extra socket? I am looking for some
> > information which clearly differentiates these two sockets.
>
> Here is an overview on the allowed commands for the S.gpg-agent.extra
> and S.gpg-agent.browser. Only the commands required for perform a
> signature creation or a decryption are possible via these sockets. It is
> for example not possible to list all known keys or to create a key.
>
> | Command | Allowed | Comment |
> |-------------------+---------+---------|
> | GETEVENTCOUNTER | no | |
> | ISTRUSTED | yes | |
> | HAVEKEY | yes | |
> | KEYINFO | no | |
> | SIGKEY | yes | |
> | SETKEY | yes | |
> | SETKEYDESC | yes | |
> | SETHASH | yes | |
> | PKSIGN | yes | |
> | PKDECRYPT | yes | |
> | GENKEY | no | |
> | READKEY | no | |
> | GET_PASSPHRASE | no | |
> | PRESET_PASSPHRASE | no | |
> | CLEAR_PASSPHRASE | no | |
> | GET_CONFIRMATION | no | |
> | LISTTRUSTED | no | |
> | MARKTRUSTED | no | |
> | LEARN | no | |
> | PASSWD | no | |
> | SCD | no | |
> | KEYWRAP_KEY | no | |
> | IMPORT_KEY | no | |
> | EXPORT_KEY | no | |
> | DELETE_KEY | no | |
> | GET_SECRET | no | |
> | PUT_SECRET | no | |
> | GETVAL | no | |
> | PUTVAL | no | |
> | UPDATESTARTUPTTY | no | |
> | KILLAGENT | no | |
> | RELOADAGENT | no | |
> | KEYTOCARD | no | |
> | GETINFO | no | see 1 |
> | OPTION | no | see 2 |
>
> 1) except for the sub-commands:
> "version", "cmd_has_option", "s2k_count", "restricted".
> 2) except for the option:
> "agent-awareness"

Thank you Werner!!

Best,