Mailing List Archive

WKD auto-key-retrieve method
Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users [2019-07-14T06:55:53+02] wrote:

> My key is available via WKD or Hagrid.

I think you should add "--sender email@address" option so that your
signatures have information for WKD auto-key-retrieve method (and also
for TOFU statistics).

It is probably mail user agent's job to add "--sender" but maybe it is
also fine to have that in gpg.conf file.

--
/// OpenPGP key: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450
// https://keys.openpgp.org/search?q=tlikonen@iki.fi
/ https://keybase.io/tlikonen https://github.com/tlikonen
Re: WKD auto-key-retrieve method [ In reply to ]
Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users [2019-07-14T14:17:55+03] wrote:

> Teemu Likonen wrote:
>> I think you should add "--sender email@address" option so that your
>> signatures have information for WKD auto-key-retrieve method (and
>> also for TOFU statistics).

> Thanks for the info, did not know this.

Now WKD lookup worked automatically when my mail client tried to verify
your signature. It seems that you added --sender somewhere.

Re: WKD auto-key-retrieve method [ In reply to ]
Teemu Likonen wrote:

> Stefan Claas via Gnupg-users [2019-07-14T14:17:55+03] wrote:
>
> > Teemu Likonen wrote:
> >> I think you should add "--sender email@address" option so that your
> >> signatures have information for WKD auto-key-retrieve method (and
> >> also for TOFU statistics).
>
> > Thanks for the info, did not know this.
>
> Now WKD lookup worked automatically when my mail client tried to verify
> your signature. It seems that you added --sender somewhere.

Thanks for confirming! I added the --sender parameter in CLI mode
when I signed the message (offline) with GnuPG.

Regards
Stefan

Re: WKD auto-key-retrieve method [ In reply to ]

WKD auto-key-retrieve method [ In reply to ]

Hello,
how to put "--sender email at address" to gpg.conf file if using several
different email addresses from sender?

Is it possible to put "--sender" option to public key itself?

Thanks + regards, Chris

Re: WKD auto-key-retrieve method [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 17:18, gnupgpacker@on.yourweb.de said:

> how to put "--sender email at address" to gpg.conf file if using several
> different email addresses from sender?

You can't it is the task of the MUA (cf. gpgme_set_sender).

> Is it possible to put "--sender" option to public key itself?

No. But the same effect can be achieved by specifying the sender via a
mail address. Anywa, I would stuggest to use --sender or better
gpgme_set_sender. The latter is a 3 liner for most MUAs.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner