--
Todd A. Jacobs
Network Systems Engineer
Re: Diable comment string on a per-message basis? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> Is it possible to diable comments on a per-message basis? I'd like to be
> able to tell gpg *not* to use the comment string in the options file when
> signing or encrypting certain messages.

Use the following:

gpg --comment "" ... FILE

cu
Michael
Re: Diable comment string on a per-message basis? [ In reply to ]
Michael Roth <mroth@nessie.de> writes:

> Use the following:
>
> gpg --comment "" ... FILE

And remember that you can always use sed(1) to remove it later.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013
Re: Diable comment string on a per-message basis? [ In reply to ]
Re: Diable comment string on a per-message basis? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Frank Tobin wrote:

> > Is it possible to diable comments on a per-message basis? I'd like to be
> > able to tell gpg *not* to use the comment string in the options file when
> > signing or encrypting certain messages.
>
> Use the "--no-comment" argument.

No, that's wrong. The "--no-comment" option does a different thing, for
the normal user total useles. It doesn't affect the comment in
ASCII armored output. Quote from the man page:

--no-comment

Do not write comment packets. This option affects only
the generation of secret keys. Output of option packets
is disabled since version 0.4.2.

To omit the comment in ASCII armored GnuPG output use --comment "" or as
Werner mentioned, remove the comment by hand or sed or something else.

cu
Michael
Re: Diable comment string on a per-message basis? [ In reply to ]