Want to use GPG + CGI + MUTT (MAIL)
My apache server encrypts succesfully form_data I want to send to our
customer via email. The problem is: sending the encrypted text via
perl mail pipe command does not generate the mail headers necessary
for the mailer (mutt etc.) to recognize that the text is encrypted
and automatically decrypt it. The message can be decrypted on command
line without problem. But I want the mailer to do it for our customers.

Any ideas?
Re: Want to use GPG + CGI + MUTT (MAIL) [ In reply to ]

Anne> My apache server encrypts succesfully form_data I want to
Anne> send to our customer via email. The problem is: sending the
Anne> encrypted text via perl mail pipe command does not generate
Anne> the mail headers necessary for the mailer (mutt etc.) to
Anne> recognize that the text is encrypted and automatically
Anne> decrypt it. The message can be decrypted on command line
Anne> without problem. But I want the mailer to do it for our
Anne> customers.

Anne> Any ideas?

Since you have posted your question so many times you have my
interest.

First I don't use perl or mutt, but I have a web server and perl and
probably mutt installed on my machine.

I also have just now created a key (and installed GnuPG), so my
thoughts are related to the way my pgp works rather than gpg.

When I sign my mail (and I would imagine encryption works the same
way) it uses the header of the mail in the mime formatting. I have
some sort of bourne shell script that creates the mime message as
multipart/encrypted. This script was downloaded from the net some
time back, and could probably still be found if you are interested.

What this script does I believe is to modify a mime message to encrypt
it and/or sign it replacing the original. Then when it is completed
(I use emacs for mail), I read it in and send it on its way.

Is this something you are looking for?

-walter
Re: Want to use GPG + CGI + MUTT (MAIL) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 04:49:30PM -0500, Walter Truitt wrote:

> Since you have posted your question so many times you have my
> interest.

I feel sorry but not responsible for my mail to appear in the
list so many times. It´s due to the following:

[005] Mail retry count exceeded sending to:
3CORD /HILVERSUM

which returned my message as often as I sent it. So I know now to ignore that.

> When I sign my mail (and I would imagine encryption works the same
> way) it uses the header of the mail in the mime formatting. I have
> some sort of bourne shell script that creates the mime message as
> multipart/encrypted. This script was downloaded from the net some
> time back, and could probably still be found if you are interested.

Yes, this sounds interesting. Where did you get it?

> What this script does I believe is to modify a mime message to encrypt
> it and/or sign it replacing the original. Then when it is completed
> (I use emacs for mail), I read it in and send it on its way.
>
> Is this something you are looking for?
It seems it is something I am looking for. I need to try it out, really.

> -walter
Thanks for interest!

Anne