Mailing List Archive

crc errors on decrypting PGP6.0 messages
Hi,
I am getting CRC errors when I try to decrypt a message encrypted with
PGP6.02.
Here they are:
>frank@sun62$>cat test1.asc | gpg --decrypt > test1.gpg
>gpg (GnuPG) 0.9.6; Copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
>This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
>under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.
>
>gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
>gpg: CRC error; 7715ce - dc3771
>frank@sun62$>

The second error (another file) might give more clues:
>gpg: CRC error; 13b497 - dc313b
>gpg: quoted printable character in armor - probably a buggy MTA has >been used

The message was encrypted with ascii armor, send with eudora on Win98,
recieved with Netscape on the sun and saved as is to test1.asc.

Any clues?

CU,
Frank
Re: crc errors on decrypting PGP6.0 messages [ In reply to ]
Frank Schmalz <Frank.Schmalz@ops.de> writes:

> >gpg: quoted printable character in armor - probably a buggy MTA has >been used
>
> The message was encrypted with ascii armor, send with eudora on Win98,
> recieved with Netscape on the sun and saved as is to test1.asc.

As the messages says. Some software has modified the armor in a way
which is not in compliance with RFC822. Watch out for '=' in the
armor.

--
Werner Koch at guug.de www.gnupg.org keyid 621CC013