Mailing List Archive

Translation coordination for GnuPG (1.4, 2.0, master) and libgpg-error
Hi,

In order to ship up to date translations of GnuPG in the upcoming Debian
stable (Jessie), I intend to send a call for translation updates to the
current translators, mainly targeted to the 1.4 and 2.0 branches and for
libgpg-error. I’ll take care to also call for translation updates for
the master (2.1) branch, but without the same short time constraints.

I did such coordination about two years ago, but didn’t manage to
continue it on a regular basis, sorry about it.

My plan is to contact existing translators and their team for updates,
with a short (10-day) deadline, and to ask for help from the related
l10n Debian teams if the current translators (team) are not available.

I’ll do my best to facilitate this process by sending to
<gnupg-i18n@gnupg.org> checked patches ready to include on behalf of
translators not used to do it by themselves (and a similar process for
inclusion in Debian as a follow up).

Thanks in advance for your comments (even if I’ll follow up quickly with
that plan, feedback is always welcome, and I’m happy to improve the
process when it is ongoing too).

Regards

David

P.-S.: only about ten strings have been added or updated in GnuPG 1.4
and 2.0 since the last call in August 2012, and about forty in
libgpg-error.