Mailing List Archive

Introduction from Marco
Hello!!!

I am Marco from Portugal.

I am 36 years old and I am a computer science expert (I know a few things..
lol... no one can be a very good expert in such a broad subject).

I would like to offer my help in translating to Portuguese.

I have been involved on several projects in the past:
- PGP 2.6.3.i
- Alex Chiu's site and documentation of what he sells
- EasyDivX
- DVD2one
- User guide of "EMM-Event UFO Detector"
- DALnet
etc...

For around 10 years that I haven't used cryptography but as soon as my
vacation begins (17/JUL/2010) I will have time for the task.

Please tell me who I should contact. I already tried a couple of email
addresses I found in the official site but no reply.

PS->This email was sent both to the developers and translation mailing
lists.

Kind regards,
Re: Introduction from Marco [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 01:07:06AM +0100, Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> Hello!!!
>
> I am Marco from Portugal.

Hi, I'm Petr from Czech Republic.

> I would like to offer my help in translating to Portuguese.
>
> Please tell me who I should contact. I already tried a couple of email
> addresses I found in the official site but no reply.

Werner is quite slow in correspondece. If you want to translate GnuPG, just
grab pt.po or gnupg.pot from sources and do the translation. It's in gettext
format. Search web for gettext howtos or contact some of Portuguese
translation teams (there are people around GNU, Gnome, KDE projects etc.) to
get more details about gettext. Finally, send resulting pt.po (compressed
possibly) to this mailing list. Werner should pick it up and include into next
GnuPG release. Just be aware there are two major versions of GnuPG in use.

-- Petr
Re: Introduction from Marco [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 21:11:07 +0200
Petr Pisar wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 01:07:06AM +0100, Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> > Hello!!!
> >
> > I am Marco from Portugal.
> >
> Hi, I'm Petr from Czech Republic.
>

> > I would like to offer my help in translating to Portuguese.
> >
> > Please tell me who I should contact. I already tried a couple of email
> > addresses I found in the official site but no reply.
> >
> Werner is quite slow in correspondece. If you want to translate GnuPG, just
> grab pt.po or gnupg.pot from sources and do the translation. It's in gettext
> format. Search web for gettext howtos or contact some of Portuguese
> translation teams (there are people around GNU, Gnome, KDE projects etc.) to
> get more details about gettext. Finally, send resulting pt.po (compressed
> possibly) to this mailing list. Werner should pick it up and include into next
> GnuPG release. Just be aware there are two major versions of GnuPG in use.

And send disclaimer of copyright to FSF, afaik.

--
Maxim Britov

GnuPG KeyID 0x4580A6D66F3DB1FB xmpp:maxim@modum.by