Mailing List Archive

Re: What if I wanna translate the man/info page?
Well, I posted this quite a long ago but nobody answered me. I now
repost it to get some more attention:-)

--
Zuxy
Beauty is truth,
Re: What if I wanna translate the man/info page? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 07:55:37PM +0800, Zuxy wrote:
> > 1. Where do I get the manpage? The team delivers the new .pot before a
> > new offical release, but the manpage not included.
you can get it via cvs

> > 2. Which format should I take? There are sgml, man, info, texi and
> > xmls under ./doc directory, so which format is the source that can
> > produces all the others?
SGML (DocBook)

> > 3. I'm no familiar with any of those formats except html and xml, and
> > am afraid that my edition might corrupt the original format tags.
html is sgml application, and xml too

Vale!
--
Pawel I. Shajdo
Re: What if I wanna translate the man/info page? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:42:27 +0300, Pawel Shajdo <zwon@severodvinsk.ru> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 07:55:37PM +0800, Zuxy wrote:
> > > 2. Which format should I take? There are sgml, man, info, texi and
> > > xmls under ./doc directory, so which format is the source that can
> > > produces all the others?
> SGML (DocBook)

Thanks a lot! Could you please recommend a DocBook/SGML editor for me?

--
Zuxy
Beauty is truth,
Re: What if I wanna translate the man/info page? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 04:07:58PM +0800, Zuxy wrote:
> > SGML (DocBook)
>
> Thanks a lot! Could you please recommend a DocBook/SGML editor for me?
Hm... You can use any text editor you like.
I'm use vim.

Vale!
--
Pawel I. Shajdo
Re: What if I wanna translate the man/info page? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:42:43 +0300, Pawel Shajdo said:

> Hm... You can use any text editor you like.
> I'm use vim.

Please note that we will soon turn away from Docbook format and use
texinfo instead. I am working on a tool to generate man pages from
texinfo source. There will be a need to duplicate minor parts of the
man page but the bulk of the option's text will get automagically
extracted from the Texinfo.

As of now we create textinfo from a manpage which is not the best
solution.

I'll let you know when I am ready with that so that you can start
changing your translations too. No time to rush this, though. We can
keep the old method for the translations for some time.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner