Mailing List Archive

Suggestion for german translation
Re: Suggestion for german translation [ In reply to ]
Thomas Reitelbach <tr@erdfunkstelle.de> writes:

> the german translation provides an example regarding the real name, and the
> example shows a user name between quotes. this is confusing and leads people
> to type their name with quotes...

Ah, interesting observation. ;-)

> "Heinrich Heine (Der Dichter) <heinrichh@duesseldorf.de>"

BTW, is GnuPG using duesseldorf.de with permission?

--
Florian Weimer Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/
Re: Suggestion for german translation [ In reply to ]
Re: Suggestion for german translation [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:38:23 +0200, Florian Weimer said:

>> to type their name with quotes...

They should better use a GUI then ;-)

> BTW, is GnuPG using duesseldorf.de with permission?

Well, I was born here, am living here, and if they want to make a case
out of it we would get pretty good press coverage: After 150 years one
of German's most famous authors, Heinrich Heine, had to emigrate again.

$ host -t mx duesseldorf.de
duesseldorf.de MX 10 duesseldorf.de
duesseldorf.de MX 20 stadt.duesseldorf.de
duesseldorf.de MX 50 www.isiimage.de
duesseldorf.de MX 80 mail.isis.de

250 duesseldorf.de Hello guug.guug.de [213.185.66.186], pleased to meet you
mail from: wkoch@guug.de
250 mailer-daemon@guug.de... Sender is valid.
rcpt to: heinrichh@duesseldorf.de
550 heinrichh@duesseldorf.de... User unknown

Salam-Shalom,

Werner
Re: Suggestion for german translation [ In reply to ]
Moin,

> Sie benötigen eine User-ID, um Ihren Schlüssel eindeutig zu machen; das
> Programm baut diese User-ID aus Ihrem echten Namen, einem Kommentar und
> Ihrer E-Mail-Adresse in dieser Form auf:
> "Heinrich Heine (Der Dichter) <heinrichh@duesseldorf.de>"
>
> Ihr Name ("Vorname Nachname"):
[snip]
> You need a User-ID to identify your key; the software constructs the user id
> from Real Name, Comment and Email Address in this form:
> "Heinrich Heine (Der Dichter) <heinrichh@duesseldorf.de>"
>
> Real name:

I am a little bit confused. You suggest to change it to

| Ihr Name:

or

| Ihr Name (Vorname Nachname):

?

I would prefer the first one.

Gruss,
Walter

--
Hochdahl am Neandertal
Re: Suggestion for german translation [ In reply to ]