Mailing List Archive

Chinese translation of GnuPG mini HOWTO
hi Werner,

Thanks a lot for the great work all the previous
people have done to make PGP/GnuPG possible. Here is
my attempt to make a little contribution, to make
GnuPG accessible for vast amount of people who
understand Chinese language. I've attached a tar.gz
file of the Chinese translation in HTML format and
GB2312 code of the GnuPG mini HOWTO, from its English
version.

I have heard of PGP long time ago, about 1997/1998,
however, it was not until several months ago that
I discovered that GnuPG does not have any
patent/citizenship limitation and is available
to any one who's interested. After I found out
that it's a very good and useful tool to guard
privacy, I made up my mind to help other people
to know and use it. I translated and typed in the
Chinese translation, and it's almost done in the
middle of September 2001, and I was planning to
dedicate it to the dates Oct. 1 and Oct. 10,
but I was lazy and didn't do the final
touch/finetuning then.

Now I really want to wrap it up before the end
of the year. So I made some very minor change,
and with this email a gzip file containing all
the tranlated HTML pages is attached. I have to give
Brenno J.S.A.A.F. de Winter credit,
since not only I used his English version
as the source of my Chinese translation,
I also used his HTML layout, and just replaced
the content.

Please note that the version I'm sending is
in GB2312 code, that is, in simplified Chinese
character, I can do a convert to change the text to
be Big5 code later.

I would also like to advise the users of GnuPG
to take a look at the section "Using GnuPG legally"
of "The GNU Privacy Handbook":

http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN564

Thank you, and please let me know if there's any
question or comments,

Rui Liu