Mailing List Archive

is there a newer .pot file for GPA 0.9.0 ?
The .pot file that is included in this package
http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/603/gpa-0.9.0.tar.bz2
misses several strings.

For example:
(File menu)
_Close
_Quit
(Edit menu)
_Copy
_Paste
Select _All
_Preferences
(also the Preferences button on toolbar)
(Key menu)
_Refresh
(also the Refresh button on toolbar)
(Help menu)
_About

Is there a newer .pot file that include all of the above strings ? (and
perhaps others too)

Thank you,
Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secarica.ro/

Re: is there a newer .pot file for GPA 0.9.0 ? [ In reply to ]
On 05/03/2010 04:41 PM, Cristian Secară wrote:
> The .pot file that is included in this package
> http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/603/gpa-0.9.0.tar.bz2
> misses several strings.
>
> For example:
> (File menu)
> _Close
> _Quit
> (Edit menu)
> _Copy
> _Paste
> Select _All
> _Preferences
> (also the Preferences button on toolbar)
> (Key menu)
> _Refresh
> (also the Refresh button on toolbar)
> (Help menu)
> _About

Those are stock items and the translations should be handled by gtk. What's
the problem you are trying to solve?

Thanks,
Marcus

Re: is there a newer .pot file for GPA 0.9.0 ? [ In reply to ]
On 4 May 2010 20:16:48 +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > The .pot file that is included in this package
> > http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/603/gpa-0.9.0.tar.bz2
> > misses several strings.
> [...]
> Those are stock items and the translations should be handled by gtk.

Oh, true. I copied the gtk20.mo file from GIMP to GnuPG locale folder
(I'm on Windows) and now those strings appear translated as well.

> What's the problem you are trying to solve?

I translated the GPA interface for my language (Romanian) some time ago
(at version 0.7.6) and now I just wanted to update the translation for
version 0.9.0. Usually I translate by solving first the most visible UI
strings (rather than simply take string after string in blind) and so I
came on a few that I were not able to find.

Solved now, thank you.
Cristi

Re: is there a newer .pot file for GPA 0.9.0 ? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 4 May 2010 22:38:05 +0300, Cristian Secară wrote:

> > Those are stock items and the translations should be handled by gtk.
>
> Oh, true. [...] Solved now, thank you.

Well, yes, but not 100% everything.
When generating a new key (Key -> New key...), by checking the
"Expires" checkbox, a "(not set)" string is displayed nearby.
This string does not exist for translation.
I checked in German language too, it is also untranslated.

Cristi

Re: is there a newer .pot file for GPA 0.9.0 ? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 4 May 2010 21:47, orice@secarica.ro said:

> "Expires" checkbox, a "(not set)" string is displayed nearby.
> This string does not exist for translation.
> I checked in German language too, it is also untranslated.

Fixed in rev 1025

Salam-Shalom,

Werner