Mailing List Archive

bug : exporting a set of public keys into an asc file

Hello,

It seems there is a bug in version 0.7.6 of gpa.

Gpa allows you to select *one* public key and export it
(with the menu entry of the button 'export key*s*').

Gpa allows you to select a set of public keys,
but does nothing when you click on 'export keys'

I hope you can reproduce the bug.

Below is a comparison of the behaviour of gpa, seahorse and Kgpg
regarding the export (or backup) of public and private keys
to ascii files (and for seahorse to a zip file)

Regards

marc

===================

With *seahorse*,
you can backup your 2 key rings into a single zip file
you can export a set of public keys into an .asc file
you can NOT export your private key(s) into an .asc file (use gpa to do
this)
of course, you can import from an .asc file

With *gpa*,
you can NOT backup your 2 key rings into a single tar.gz or other file
(use seahorse to do this)
you can export one public key into an .asc file
you should be able to export a set of public keys but currently there is
a BUG (thus, use seahorse to do this)
you can export (backup) one private key into an .asc file
if you have multiple private keys, you can NOT export them all into a
single .asc file (wait for a next version of gpa or seahorse ?)
of course, you can import from an .asc file

With *KGpg*,
you can NOT backup your 2 key rings into a single tar.gz or other file
(use seahorse to do this)
you can export a set of public keys into an .asc file
you can NOT export your private key(s) into an .asc file (use gpa to do
this)
of course, you can import from an .asc file

If I remember well, with *GPG under Windows*,
I was able to export my multiple private keys into a single ascii file.

Re: bug : exporting a set of public keys into an asc file [ In reply to ]
Marc,

On Sunday 11 November 2007 22:41, Marc Meurrens wrote:
> It seems there is a bug in version 0.7.6 of gpa.
>
> Gpa allows you to select *one* public key and export it
> (with the menu entry of the button 'export key*s*').
>
> Gpa allows you to select a set of public keys,
> but does nothing when you click on 'export keys'
>
> I hope you can reproduce the bug.

thanks for the report. Ideally, you would also file a report
with http://wald.intevation.org/projects/gpa

Best,
Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net (Free Software Company)
Re: bug : exporting a set of public keys into an asc file [ In reply to ]

Re: bug : exporting a set of public keys into an asc file [ In reply to ]
On Monday 12 November 2007 16:44, marc@meurrens.org wrote:
> done :
> https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue850

Thanks!

> btw, the following URL may interest you for future wishes in the
> development of gpa.
> Its a comparison of gpa and seahorse
> and the reasons why I installed both.
>
> http://www.cgsa.net/tomboy/gpa-v-seahorse.html

Thanks, very useful to write down and publish the experiences.
Note that there are a few development trends towards better
integration of Kleopatra (a KDE tool which does S/MIME keyhandling so far).

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net (Free Software Company)