Mailing List Archive

Can not encrypt or decrypt large files with GPA:

Re: Can not encrypt or decrypt large files with GPA: [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 01:36, balogh.david@hushmail.com said:

> With the GPA GUI, if I attempt to decrypt or encrypt a file of say
> 3GB+, I get a GPA error box
> that simply says: /path/filename.gpg: File too large

What version of GPA are you using?

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

Re: Can not encrypt or decrypt large files with GPA: [ In reply to ]
Hi David,

On Thursday 28 June 2007 01:36, balogh.david@hushmail.com wrote:
> With the GPA GUI, if I attempt to decrypt or encrypt a file of say
> 3GB+, I get a GPA error box
> that simply says: /path/filename.gpg: File too large
>
> Is there a work around for this? Do I have something mangled?

thanks for your report!
Can you give us the precise version
of GPA you have this problem with and
the operating system?

(This will shorten the time for the (mostly volunteer) developers
to reproduce the problem.)

Best is to open an issue in the problem tracker for GPA
for this
http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?group_id=13

(This will make sure the point is not forgotten.)

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net (Free Software Company)
Re: Can not encrypt or decrypt large files with GPA: [ In reply to ]

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:23:18 +0200 Bernhard Reiter
<bernhard@intevation.de> wrote:
>Hi David,
>
>On Thursday 28 June 2007 01:36, balogh.david@hushmail.com wrote:
>> With the GPA GUI, if I attempt to decrypt or encrypt a file of
>say
>> 3GB+, I get a GPA error box
>> that simply says: /path/filename.gpg: File too large
>>
>> Is there a work around for this? Do I have something mangled?
>
>thanks for your report!
>Can you give us the precise version
>of GPA you have this problem with and
>the operating system?
>
>(This will shorten the time for the (mostly volunteer) developers
>to reproduce the problem.)
>
>Best is to open an issue in the problem tracker for GPA
>for this
>http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?group_id=13
>
>(This will make sure the point is not forgotten.)
>

>Bernhard

Greetings!

Linux OS, CentOS 5
The version of GPA I am using came from the Dag repository and the
file is:
gpa-0.7.0-1.2.el5.rf.i386.rpm
(Dag runs a little behind on versions...)
The gpgme also came from the Dag repo and is:
gpgme-1.0.3-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
Since I did not make the rpm or build it from source, I have no
idea what options, if any, were used for compile.

Since this might have been corrected in a more recent version,
should I still file a bug report, or does anyone know if this is
still an issue in 0.7.6?

Many thanks!