Mailing List Archive

incorrect GPA decription on binary compressed signature
There is something weird with the GPA file feature for decrypting
signed and compressed signature files.

I have taken a small .gif file and signed it, using the first (default)
signature option. The .gpg file is generated ok.

Now, when dropping back this file in the GPA interface (file mode), by
hitting the Decrypt button, an error appears telling me that the gpg
file contains no OpenGPG data. The original .gif file (which I deleted
previously, leaving only the .gpg file) appears temporarely until I
close the error box, so the program seems to try to extract it, but
the picture is partially broken (I open it before it disapears, i.e.
before closing the error box).

The generated .gpg signature file is ok, because I can decrypt it and
extract the .gif file very well using either GPGee explorer extension
or WinPT tray application.

I'm on WinXP, GPA is 0.7.6 from the latest gpg4win package.

Hm ?

Cristi

--
Cristian Secarã
http://www.secarica.ro/

Re: incorrect GPA decription on binary compressed signature [ In reply to ]
Hello Cristian,

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 01:17, Cristian Secarã wrote:
> There is something weird with the GPA file feature for decrypting
> signed and compressed signature files.
>
> I have taken a small .gif file and signed it, using the first (default)
> signature option. The .gpg file is generated ok.
>
> Now, when dropping back this file in the GPA interface (file mode), by
> hitting the Decrypt button, an error appears telling me that the gpg
> file contains no OpenGPG data. The original .gif file (which I deleted
> previously, leaving only the .gpg file) appears temporarely until I
> close the error box, so the program seems to try to extract it, but
> the picture is partially broken (I open it before it disapears, i.e.
> before closing the error box).
>
> The generated .gpg signature file is ok, because I can decrypt it and
> extract the .gif file very well using either GPGee explorer extension
> or WinPT tray application.
>
> I'm on WinXP, GPA is 0.7.6 from the latest gpg4win package.
>
> Hm ?

thanks for your report. I am currently on the road an have no Windows
system available for testing. Could you create a bug report in the gpa
bug tracker? This way it won't get lost.

Best

Jan
--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner Intevation GmbH