Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: kmail doesn t sign/encrypt e-mails, broken pipe [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I ported the project aegypten software over to NetBSD. One of the biggest
problems I had was with Kmail communication with gpg-agent.

The following helped me track down my problems:
1. kill any running gpg-agents and kmail
2. In a shell windows start gpg-agent:

eval `gpg-agent --daemon`

3. start kmail in the same window so it sees the GPG_AGENT_INFO shell
variable

4. Try sending yourself a message.

--
John R. Shannon
john@johnrshannon.com
Re: kmail doesn t sign/encrypt e-mails, broken pipe [ In reply to ]
On Monday 22 November 2004 18:58, John R. Shannon wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for your help and for the help of the others:

I got now gnupg 1.3.92 *AND* gnupg-1.9.11 on my computer at the same
time.

gnupg-1.3.92 deals with key and makes the encryption and decryption.

From gnupg-1.9.11 I'm only using the gpg-agent in combination with
'pinentry-qt' and KDE. I will not touch this system for years. B-)

--
So long... Fuzz

1 2  View All