patch-1.5.6cvs.g10.gpgme.6 (wrongly reported as .4)

Is this supposted to work?
What do I do wrong?
Re: mutt and gpg groups [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:53:51 +0200, Bernhard Reiter said:

> I have difficulties using mutt and gnupg's group feature.

It simply does not work because mutt uses its own fucntion to select
the key and then passes those keys to gpg. If the key is not listable
with mutt'ss key listing it won't be used.

group functions are a feature of the gpg command line to make it
easier on the command line. gpg --list-keys won't list group aliases,
thus mutt can't use them.

gpg --list-config --with-colons group

allows to list those group and mutt could be adjusted to make use of
it. In general I think it is easier to make use of mutt's alais
fucntion for that.

Werner
Re: mutt and gpg groups [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 07:49:26PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:53:51 +0200, Bernhard Reiter said:
>
> > I have difficulties using mutt and gnupg's group feature.
>
> It simply does not work because mutt uses its own fucntion to select
> the key and then passes those keys to gpg. If the key is not listable
> with mutt'ss key listing it won't be used.
>
> group functions are a feature of the gpg command line to make it
> easier on the command line. gpg --list-keys won't list group aliases,
> thus mutt can't use them.
>
> gpg --list-config --with-colons group
>
> allows to list those group and mutt could be adjusted to make use of
> it. In general I think it is easier to make use of mutt's alais
> fucntion for that.

Have you tried that?
Re: mutt and gpg groups [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:56:32 +0200, Bernhard Reiter said:

>> gpg --list-config --with-colons group
>>
>> allows to list those group and mutt could be adjusted to make use of
>> it. In general I think it is easier to make use of mutt's alais
>> fucntion for that.

> Have you tried that?

Sure. You need a decent gpg, though (IIRC, 1.2.5). gpg2 does not
work here.

Werner