Mailing List Archive

Key creation wizard calculates incorrect key expiry date
Hi,

I just realized that GPA v0.7.0 would create keys valid for only one day
when using the "expires after" option and requesting a 1 year expiry. I
typed "1" into the amount box and selected "years" (in my german
language version it actually says "Jahren") as the unit.

I did not try this in any other language version. What irritates me a
little is that it is possible to edit the unit string. This should be a
non-editable drop-down box IMHO. I could imagine that the key creation
wizard checks whether the unit string entered by the user (or chosen via
the drop-down menu) equals the english-language terms for "days",
"weeks", "months", "years" only and defaults to "days" if no match is
found. This would not work with non-english unit terms, of course.

I did not check the source code, though. So this is just an assumption.

Thanks for this fine piece of software and thanks to the other german
tax payers for partially funding its development. ;-)

Greetings,

Moritz Naumann

--
Moritz Naumann
Schulterblatt 62

Phone ++ 49 (0)40 27141282
Mobile ++ 49 (0)179 4697962

eMail YOURFIRSTNAME.YOURLASTNAME@moritz-naumann.com
(Please replace 'YOURFIRSTNAME' and 'YOURLASTNAME' but keep the dot)