Mailing List Archive

Re: [Kde-pim] Re: gpg agent pin expiry setting not honoured
On Monday 06 September 2004 16:28, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Monday 06 September 2004 16:26, Leo Savernik wrote:

> > Using KMail 1.7, GPG 1.2.5, and gpg-agent from GPG 1.9, the pinentry
> > dialog keeps popping up for nearly every mail I want to sign.

> > and my ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf contains the line
> > default-cache-ttl 86400

Good.

> > So I actually expect to see the pinentry dialog at most once per day.
> > However, when I wait a short period of time (I've never measured it,
> > but it is ridiculously short, probably 5 minutes), the pinentry dialog
> > pops up again.
> >
> > Only when I sign two messages in sequence, then no pin is asked for the
> > second message (which proves that gpg-agent is actually working).

This sounds like the gpg-agent was not started as daemon
before you run KMail or KMail does not know about the deamon.

In a shell say:
echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO
and if that gives a useful result, check with ps for the running agent
and then start kmail in that shell.

> > I'm posting here instead of reporting a bug because it may not be
> > KMail's fault.
>
> I also have this problem. But it's a gpg-agent/pinentry thing, it's not at
> all something kmail can influence. You need to take it up with the gpg
> guys.

If my assumption is correct then this is a matter of startup which is related
to KDE. Another way to prove this is to start logging of the crypto components.

Anyway, I am sending a copy to the gpa-dev@ list.

Bernhard