Mailing List Archive

GPA export function
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 01:10:23AM +0200, Miguel Coca wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 12:10:39 +0200, joschua10@gmx.de wrote:
> > I used GPA for a long time to do my key management work. Thank you all for
> > this great utility!
> > But now I tried to export my public key to send them with email. I wondered
> > why the key is not exported "armored". Thus I had to use gnupg to export my
> > armored key which is more complicated then GPA. I wondered why GPA is doing
> > so and if there is a disadvantage of armored output to dearmored output?
>
> You can export armored keys in advanced mode. Open the preferences
> dialog (edit/preferences) and set "Use advanced mode" to "Yes". With
> that option several options that are considered confusing for
> beginners are enabled.

I agree with joschua10, it probably should be switched around
and have armored by default for regular users
with advanced user being able to switch it off.
Re: GPA export function [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 18:54:09 +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> I agree with joschua10, it probably should be switched around
> and have armored by default for regular users
> with advanced user being able to switch it off.

Agreed. When changing it, I realize having unarmored as the default
was really a bug. In advanced mode, armored was actually selected by
default.

It's fixed now.

Miguel Coca (mcoca@gnu.org) http://miguel.cocabarrionuevo.com/