armored key which is more complicated then GPA. I wondered why GPA is doing
so and if there is a disadvantage of armored output to dearmored output?

Greetings, Josch

Re: export function [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 12:10:39PM +0200, joschua10@gmx.de wrote:
> I used GPA for a long time to do my key management work. Thank you all for
> this great utility!
> But now I tried to export my public key to send them with email. I wondered
> why the key is not exported "armored". Thus I had to use gnupg to export my
> armored key which is more complicated then GPA. I wondered why GPA is doing
> so and if there is a disadvantage of armored output to dearmored output?

There is no disadvantage of armored that I can think of.
The file will get slightly larger, but that is a minor drawback.

Maybe this is just an oversight within GPA.
Re: export function [ In reply to ]
Ok, I hope this will be fixed in the future.

Re: export function [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 12:10:39 +0200, joschua10@gmx.de wrote:
> I used GPA for a long time to do my key management work. Thank you all for
> this great utility!
> But now I tried to export my public key to send them with email. I wondered
> why the key is not exported "armored". Thus I had to use gnupg to export my
> armored key which is more complicated then GPA. I wondered why GPA is doing
> so and if there is a disadvantage of armored output to dearmored output?

You can export armored keys in advanced mode. Open the preferences
dialog (edit/preferences) and set "Use advanced mode" to "Yes". With
that option several options that are considered confusing for
beginners are enabled.

Miguel Coca (mcoca@gnu.org) http://miguel.cocabarrionuevo.com/