But here is this new function gcry_ecc_mul_point which is making my
life a lot easier (for me as a programmer at least!).

Now what I want to know is: when does this function go into production
releases? I've been programming similar functions myself and did not
get it working using testdata.
And please more functions like this. They are so powerful and easy to use.

Thanks,

Stef Bon

Re: New functions like gcry_ecc_mul_point. [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 08:13, Stef Bon said:
> Hi,
>
> I;m using libgrypt for my ssh library for all crypto: hashing,
> publickey, key-agreement (Diffie-Hellman dh and ecdh), encryption etc.
>
> Doing ecdh is hard since the way to get from buffers holding keys to
> ecc multiplication is hard.
> But here is this new function gcry_ecc_mul_point which is making my
> life a lot easier (for me as a programmer at least!).
>
> Now what I want to know is: when does this function go into production
> releases? I've been programming similar functions myself and did not

You are right, releasing Libgcrypt 1.9 is long uverdue. See
https://dev.gnupg.org/T4294

We also want to get GnuPG 2.3 out and this requires Libgcrypt 1.9. Thus
a Libgcrypt 1.9 is definitely on our short list ... but I better don't
promise a concrete date :-(.

First quarter 2021 for 1.9 maybe.

Salam-Shalom,

Werner

Re: New functions like gcry_ecc_mul_point. [ In reply to ]
Op ma 14 dec. 2020 om 13:50 schreef Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org>:

> > Now what I want to know is: when does this function go into production
> > releases? I've been programming similar functions myself and did not
>
> You are right, releasing Libgcrypt 1.9 is long uverdue. See
> https://dev.gnupg.org/T4294
>
> We also want to get GnuPG 2.3 out and this requires Libgcrypt 1.9. Thus
> a Libgcrypt 1.9 is definitely on our short list ... but I better don't
> promise a concrete date :-(.
>
> First quarter 2021 for 1.9 maybe.

Great!

I'm looking forward to release my super fuse filesystem by then. See:

https://github.com/stefbon/fs-workspace

Keep up the good work,

Stef Bon

Stef Bon