Mailing List Archive

found 2 issues with the currently available documentation
1:
On the page `https://www.gnupg.org/faq/whats-new-in-2.1.html`, there's a typo: "stroing", it should be "storing"

2:
The plain text version of the FAQ at `https://www.gnupg.org/faq/gnupg-faq.txt` doesn't send any charset header, and Firefox incorrectly assumes it's something other than Unicode, as a result the text is garbled in certain places.
Probably the same applies to some other plain text pages, I am not sure.
Re: found 2 issues with the currently available documentation [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 09:08, sausagefactory0@gmail.com said:
> 1:
> On the page `https://www.gnupg.org/faq/whats-new-in-2.1.html`, there's a typo: "stroing", it should be "storing"

Thanks for reporting. I just fixed that.

> The plain text version of the FAQ at `https://www.gnupg.org/faq/gnupg-faq.txt` doesn't send any charset header, and Firefox incorrectly assumes it's something other than Unicode, as a result the text is garbled in certain places.

For a plain text file there is no easy way to describe the encoding and
thus Firefox should use a heuristic to figure this out. If it gets it
wrong you can change it using View->Encoding->Unicode (or wherever the
current Firefox version has moved that menu item)

After all a web browser is from browsing HTML ;-)

Shalom-Salam,

Werner