Mailing List Archive

Licese change for the GPH.
Hi,

Many years ago, Mike Ashley wrote the GNU Privacy Handbook as a manual
for GnuPG. Back in 2000 the license was changed to the GNU FDL and we
did a few translations of the manual. Meanwhile the manual is heavily
out of date and should be updated to reflect the current state of the
project. Up until now such updates did not happen because the
restrictive terms of the FDL made it hard to include content from other
sources (HOWTOS, FAQ, etc.) or re-use parts of the GPH elsewhere (FAQ).

Documentation for encryption is very important these days and we should
move away any blockers for a wider dissemination.

Thus I like to ask for a license change of the GPH to CC-by-sa/GPLv3.
Something like

You can redistribute this manual and/or modify it under the terms of
the

[[http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/][Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License]]

or alternatively under the terms of the

[[http://www.gnu.org/licenses/][GNU General Public License]] as
published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.

If you wish to allow the use of your version of this manual only
under the terms of one of these licenses, indicate your decision by
deleting the respective above paragraph.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner