Mailing List Archive

Key rollovers, overlapping (Re: WKD: returns only one pubkey (and why))
Am Donnerstag 26 Januar 2023 11:23:49 schrieb Simon Josefsson via Gnupg-devel:
> While we could recommend doing hard-stop key rollovers where you revoke
> the earlier key at the same time you migrate to the new key, I don't
> think that is a common habit nor am I sure this is even a good idea.
> Does anyone think we should recommend that?

Not me.
I think we should allow time-overlapping pubkeys for an email-address
(and any other UID) and thus recommend _smooth_ key rollovers.

Bernhard

--
https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter