Mailing List Archive

How long does it take until a patch is responded to, also tracking a patch (Re: Question on patch submitted.)
Hello Eric,

Am Donnerstag 23 Dezember 2021 09:48:57 schrieb Saturneric:
> if I submit a patch to this address via git send email,
> when and how the patch will be processed.

it depends on the time and priorities of the GnuPG developers.
So it maybe processed within hours, days, weeks, months or not at all.

One patch I've seen from you is about the gpgme documentation.
In my experience Werner does a documentation run every few weeks,
so this one maybe slow to be integrated.

If you are addressing a problem (for you) and do not get an answer,
you can ask again after a reasonable while (I'd say after a month in the
example) or add the problem to the tracker at dev.gnupg.org, so it does not
get forgotten.

> Can I track the status of this patch?

There is not explicit way of doing so that I am aware of.
Following the mailinglist and the git repository with a "pattern-matching"
maybe a workaround for this.

Thanks for contributing to GnuPG!
Because time of the developers is very scarce, they value all contributions,
but may not be able to respond to all of them individually.

Regards,
Bernhard