Mailing List Archive

How to open images by default (Prefer opening images with xdg-open over display)
Am Montag, 1. M?rz 2021, 09:38:12 CET schrieb Werner Koch via Gnupg-devel:
> This would be a regression. display and xloadimage both allow to pass
> the title. This seems not to be possible with xdg-open.

Would it make sense to file a wish for an additional optional parameter
for xdg-open to
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-utils
?
Bernhard

--
www.intevation.de/~bernhard +49 541 33 508 3-3
Intevation GmbH, Osnabr?ck, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabr?ck, HRB 18998
Re: How to open images by default (Prefer opening images with xdg-open over display) [ In reply to ]
On Dienstag, 2. M?rz 2021 15:49:51 CET Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Montag, 1. M?rz 2021, 09:38:12 CET schrieb Werner Koch via Gnupg-devel:
> > This would be a regression. display and xloadimage both allow to pass
> > the title. This seems not to be possible with xdg-open.
>
> Would it make sense to file a wish for an additional optional parameter
> for xdg-open to
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xdg/xdg-utils
> ?

Probably not. I guess that most of the default image viewers by KDE, Gnome,
etc., don't support a command line argument to set the window title because
those viewers are full-fledged applications and not simple tools like display
or xloadimage which simply show an image in an X window without any menu,
buttons, etc.

Regards,
Ingo