Mailing List Archive

procmail and maildrop for WKS? (Re: Implementing a WKS solution)
Am Dienstag 23 Februar 2021 11:09:45 schrieb Christoph Biedl via Gnupg-devel:
> In other words, the procmailrc format is not something I would want to
> recommend anywhere.

Any changes to mail filtering must be tested.
(Personally I found the syntax fine when using procmails many years ago. Then
sieve was complex on different parts. Guess it is the problem that is
complex.)

If procmail itself does not have known flaws, then of course the programming
style, language and config format maybe old style, but we can still recommend
its usage, because of its widespread use and long time maturity.

Naturally, it is cool to have alternative recipies for maildrop
and other solutions, we must just see who maintains them. ;)

Best Regards,
Bernhard