Mailing List Archive

Fixing GMime usage of gpgme
Hi,
a MIME library for C/C++ based on glib uses gpgme.
I helped yesterday to identify and fix a defect where
pubkeys with expired subkeys would not be found and used for encryption in
the MUA astroidmail.

https://github.com/jstedfast/gmime/issues/88

Writting this here because I believe we on this list care how people use gpgme
and we should help developers using gpgme.

While we try to understand what gpgme is used for and how we can help. In this
case the idea was to identify a pubkey for encryption, there is more room for
improvement in the function used, which was inspired from a different Free
Software MUA.. Finding the best availalbe pubkey to encrypt for an email
address is something that would be a comfort function candidate for gpgme.

Best,
Bernhard
--
www.intevation.de/~bernhard +49 541 33 508 3-3
Intevation GmbH, Osnabr?ck, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabr?ck, HRB 18998