Mailing List Archive

Reporting bug fix for kscreenlocker to work with libpam-poldi
To those interested,

I just wanted to report that I authored a patch for the KDE screen
locker project so that it would work better with libpam-poldi.

The issue was that entering a PIN that was under 6 characters at the
screen locker would lock up the system when PAM authentication was being
done by poldi.

This is now fixed. See a link to the patch below:

https://phabricator.kde.org/D23849

This problem was previously discussed in the following threads:

https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2019-September/034443.html
https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2018-November/034063.html

For those who use Plasma on Debian, I have requested that the
maintainers there cherry pick this patch to fix the screen locker in buster.

--
Jason Franklin