Mailing List Archive

poldi localdb structure
Hi, all.

I just installed poldi on a new laptop for the first time in a while,
and noticed that the structure of the localdb is unfriendly,
particularly now that the command line tools are no longer available.

At the moment, an entry is added to the `users` file mapping a userid
onto a card id, and then a file is created under `keys` that maps the
card id to the public key.

Surely it makes more sense to map the userid directly onto the public
key (cf. monkeysphere's `authorized_user_ids`), and then let scdaemon
worry about which card contains the private key material?

And if we're going that direction, why not use monkeysphere's user
keyring as the localdb? O_o

--
Andrew Gallagher