includes answering questions from people new to CVS. :-)

I looked through the list archives and didn't see any discussion of
using CVS; apologies if I'm just dragging up an old topic.

2: Is anyone already working on an Emacs interface to GNUPG? If not,
I will do so (mailcrypt.el is a place to start, though I don't yet
know if it works out of the box with GNUPG).

Thank you,
-Karl Fogel
Re: May I volunteer for: CVS repository? Emacs interface? [ In reply to ]
Karl Fogel <kfogel@floss.onshore.com> writes:

> 1. Is it under CVS version control, and if not, do the developers want

Yes, I use CVS to track releases and intermediate versions.

"The developers" --- Hmmm, there not so many :-)

There are some reasons, why I think a distributed development is not
the right think for _this_ piece of software:

- Isn't very security sensitive and so like to know what's in
(yes every line of code).
- The U.S. export restrictions make it difficult for many
programmers to participate :-(
- Because it is an official GNU project, I have to get legal papers
about all larger code contributions - We don't want to get into
the Emacs troubles.

> 2: Is anyone already working on an Emacs interface to GNUPG? If not,
> I will do so (mailcrypt.el is a place to start, though I don't yet

I don't know. If you are going to do so, please have a look at some
special options (e.g. --with-colons) which makes parsing of the output
much easier. Don't hesitate to request an option if you think it may
be good for an interface.

I guess you are form the U.S. - remember the ITARs (see
"http://www.eff.org/pub/Crypto/ITAR_export/" for more information
in this subject).

Thanks for your offer to setup a CVS system,

Werner