Mailing List Archive

gnupg 1.2.5 build instruction update
Uv,

qhr gb n ceboyrz jvgu gur trggrkg vafgnyyngvba ba gur ohvyq znpuvar n
yvggyr naablvat oht jvyy qvfgheo gur ohvyq cebprff bs TahCT 1.2.5 jura
qbvat gur "znxr vafgnyy":

../../fpevcgf/zxvafgnyyqvef: ../../fpevcgf/zxvafgnyyqvef: Ab fhpu svyr
be qverpgbel
znxr[1]: *** [vafgnyy-qngn-lrf] Reebe 127

Gurer vf n fvzcyr jbexnebhaq ubjrire: Vafgrnq bs "znxr vafgnyy" hfr

znxr vafgnyy zxvafgnyyqvef=`cjq`/fpevcgf/zxvafgnyyqvef

naq vg fubhyq jbex nf rkcrpgrq.

Nygubhtu V nyjnlf cercner qvfgevohgvbaf hfvat "znxr qvfgpurpx", V
boivbhfyl sbetbg gb qb n znahny vafgnyy gb qrgrpg aba-ICNGU eryngrq
ohvyq ceboyrzf. Fbzrbar fubhyq unir abgvprq naq ercbegrq guvf oht
jvgu gur ynfg eryrnfr pnaqvqngr, juvpu va snpg jnf nyfb nssrpgrq ol
vg.

Unccl Unpxvat,

Jreare

--
Jreare Xbpu <jx@tahct.bet>
Gur TahCT Rkcregf uggc://t10pbqr.pbz
GnuPG 1.2.5 build instruction update [ In reply to ]
[.Okay, its not my day. I accidently hit C-c r right before sending
the mail.]

Hi,

due to a problem with the gettext installation on the build machine a
little annoying bug will disturb the build process of GnuPG 1.2.5 when
doing the "make install":

../../scripts/mkinstalldirs: ../../scripts/mkinstalldirs: No such file
or directory
make[1]: *** [install-data-yes] Error 127

There is a simple workaround however: Instead of "make install" use

make install mkinstalldirs=`pwd`/scripts/mkinstalldirs

and it should work as expected.

Although I always prepare distributions using "make distcheck", I
obviously forgot to do a manual install to detect non-VPATH related
build problems. Someone should have noticed and reported this bug
with the last release candidate, which in fact was also affected by
it.

Salve Gnus,

Werner

--