Can someone tell me which package creates it?

Thanks!
Mike

Re: libcrypto.so.2 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:09:54 -0400
Mike Markowski <mm@UDel.Edu> wrote:

> I've compiled a program that expects to make use of libcrypto.so.2
> rather than my libcrypto.so.0.9.7, and I can't seem to locate it
> in the portage tree.
>
> Can someone tell me which package creates it?
>
> Thanks!
> Mike

Well a quick google got me to this site:
http://www.megaloman.com/~hany/RPM/libcrypto.so.2.html

so it seems to be the libcrypto from openssl 0.9.6b (hmm, anybody
remembers if it was really called like this? i only remember a
libcrypto.so.0.9.6)

just create a link from libcrypto.so.0.9.7 to libcrypto.so.2
and try again if that works

Bye
--
GPG Public Key: 0x5BE41F21 at http://slomosnail.de/files/gpg.asc

begin LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs
I am a signature virus. Distribute me until the bitter
end
Re: libcrypto.so.2 [ In reply to ]
On Tue 07-Sep-04 at 1519 EDT, Sebastian Drge wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:09:54 -0400
> Mike Markowski <mm@UDel.Edu> wrote:
>
> > I've compiled a program that expects to make use of libcrypto.so.2
> > rather than my libcrypto.so.0.9.7, and I can't seem to locate it
> > in the portage tree.
> >
> > Can someone tell me which package creates it?
>
> Well a quick google got me to this site:
> http://www.megaloman.com/~hany/RPM/libcrypto.so.2.html
>
> so it seems to be the libcrypto from openssl 0.9.6b (hmm, anybody
> remembers if it was really called like this? i only remember a
> libcrypto.so.0.9.6)

Thanks very much - you're right. I converted the rpm to a tar
file, and it contains libcrypto.so.0.9.6b. I made a sym link to it
named libcrypto.so.2, and the other program wanting it now works!

> just create a link from libcrypto.so.0.9.7 to libcrypto.so.2
> and try again if that works

I had tried that before posting, but it didn't work...

Thanks again!
Mike